Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter: All About Triggers

I paid for a second run slick slide, with no known issues with said trigger. I clearly got a first run upper that I didn't order. That is ATRS fault...

I specifically canceled my order for an SLR after hearing of people having to dremel receivers and needing to glue them together. I clearly got sold something I didn't pay for and now I am paying for it with being given option to dremel my upper or send it back after an entire years wait. You fan boys are missing the point here.... I avoided SLR for the same problems I am getting with my ATRS.

Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    They didnt change the rear hook profile until they started making second run fa uppers I believe. It's been a known issue for almost a year that the original slick side uppers do not work with the TT adjustable triggers. You have 5 options. Shave the hook, shave the trigger, send it to atrs for a mod, pull the rear bar out and put a kns pin in its place or buy a new trigger. I have a Timney calvin elite I'll trade straight across for your diamond. It fits and functions 100%. Its not atrs fault the trigger tech trigger doesnt fit. Their trigger housing is just to big and doesnt fall within the mil spec foot print that the ms was designed to accommodate.

Quote Originally Posted by airjmc87 View Post
    I paid for a second run slick slide, with no known issues with said trigger. I clearly got a first run upper that I didn't order. That is ATRS fault...

I specifically canceled my order for an SLR after hearing of people having to dremel receivers and needing to glue them together. I clearly got sold something I didn't pay for and now I am paying for it with being given option to dremel my upper or send it back after an entire years wait. You fan boys are missing the point here.... I avoided SLR for the same problems I am getting with my ATRS.
    Given it's a new platform with a small production amount you can expect that there may be some learning curves. They are providing the best product possible in the shortest timeline possible to meet demand. They stand behind their product and if you send it to them they will fix it. I just don't get what more you could possibly expect from them.

lol learning curve? they have been producing their modern hunter line for years...and been in the production side of things for decades, they better be far past the learning curve at this point.

I was expecting the product I paid for... why is that so hard for you to understand. I paid for one thing and got something els.

Trust me I am not asking ATRS for anything, im stating the facts in MY CASE...This is a MS trigger forum, I paid for second run receiver, the trigger I bought for said receiver because its listed as working does not work in the second run receiver I got.

Quote Originally Posted by juancarlos View Post
    Given it's a new platform with a small production amount you can expect that there may be some learning curves. They are providing the best product possible in the shortest timeline possible to meet demand. They stand behind their product and if you send it to them they will fix it. I just don't get what more you could possibly expect from them.

lol learning curve? they have been producing their modern hunter line for years...and been in the production side of things for decades, they better be far past the learning curve at this point.

I was expecting the product I paid for... why is that so hard for you to understand. I paid for one thing and got something els.

Trust me I am not asking ATRS for anything, im stating the facts in MY CASE...This is a MS trigger forum, I paid for second run receiver, the trigger I bought for said receiver because its listed as working does not work in the second run receiver I got.
    Ok dude. Whatever you say. There is no satisfying some people.

You're not comprehending that they didnt change the rear hook until they were well into making slick side uppers for run 2. The chronological order went like this.

Run 1 lowers
    Run 1 slick side uppers
    Run 2 slick side uppers (this is dictated by the cut off date for getting in on the first run. The hook was only changed after it was brought to their attention.)
    Forward assist uppers for run 1 and 2 with changes made to the upper
    Run 2 lowers which they are still working on.

Yes you ordered a run 2 upper but your upper has been sitting ear marked since it was completed and only shipped out upon completion of your lower. It was obviously made before the changes were made. If you're so upset put it on the ee as a WTT for a ss upper after the changes were made. So now you have 6 options and wont be out any money and if you call atrs and explain maybe they could accommodate your request. Have you tried that or did you just get on here to complain.

Anyways, back to triggers. I put an RA-140 in my FA MS that I got for Xmas. It felt weird right out of the box, you could feel the BCG pass over the trigger when you racked it after dry firing, but I thought I’d take it for a spin and see if it worked. Well, I had numerous stoppages, all short strokes and FTF and sometimes eject. So I took it apart when I got home, and the disconnector was hard as a rock, took a lot of force to even get it to budge. So I took the trigger apart, there are 2 similar springs, the trigger return and the disconnector spring, one is slightly longer. In this case the disconnector was the longer, so I switched them around and voila! It now feels like right, BCG passes right over with minimal resistance and works as it should. Last trip I had my forward assist lock up, this time a weird trigger issue. Hopefully my next outing is more successful. Anyways I rate the RA-140 0 stars when not assembled correctly and a solid 4 stars when properly assembled. For the money it’s not a bad choice, QC is a little spotty however.

Oh on a unrelated topic, anyone else notice the BCG landing on the charging handle and not the barrel extension? When I put mine together I noticed it didn’t quite touch the barrel extension but rather landed on the charging handle. When I took out the charging handle it would butt up against the extension, but with it in there was a gap and there was obviously weight on the handle. I fixed mine myself, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Thinking of building a NR in the coming year. This is great info to know just to make my life easier when I have the money. Thanks for all the info guys

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar

Good luck getting it sorted out.

For these situations, a manufacturer should have replacements at the ready to exchange with rather than making customers wait again while they correct the issue, re anodize and send it back.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    It works, no issues.

Best wishes,

Mike
    Canmore, AB
    Thanks!

Ok. I'm confused now. I just picked up a Triggertech AR Diamond about 4 hours ago. Some people are saying it won't fit and some are saying it will...

Which is it? Otherwise I'm going to go another direction.

I have a second run upper and lower.

Cheers.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast