Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Norinco 7.62x39mm 122gr FMJ 20rds red box

Quote Originally Posted by 05RAV View Post
    Why specifically Soft Point? I've read on a few occasions that ANY non-corrosive rounds shot after corrosive would "clean" the bore. The recommended number of non-corrosive shots would vary from 5 to 10. Personally, I take it with a grain of salt.
    Because it's the only definitely not corrosive ammo I have for that caliber. And the only 2 shots is because I am cheap. I always deep clean my Russian guns withing 48 hours of shooting

Quote Originally Posted by 05RAV View Post
    Why specifically Soft Point? I've read on a few occasions that ANY non-corrosive rounds shot after corrosive would "clean" the bore. The recommended number of non-corrosive shots would vary from 5 to 10. Personally, I take it with a grain of salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by homslice View Post
    Because it's the only definitely not corrosive ammo I have for that caliber. And the only 2 shots is because I am cheap. I always deep clean my Russian guns withing 48 hours of shooting
    So, it's just a non-corrosive ammo not necessarily with a soft-point that is required. Originally, I thought that there was some magic in a soft-point round. There are a few more definitely non-corrosive 7.62x39 brands like the PPU or Federal not solely the S&B. They all can be used, right?
    NFA CCFR CSSA
    CPC PC Ontario

Does anyone know if this stuff is berdan primed?

This ammo is definitely NOT corrosive, ive shot close to 2k through my wk 181c and no issues whatsoever, on multiple occasions rifle was left without cleaning for extended periods of time and no issues again.
    Accuracy wise its about 2-3 moa at 100 yards.
    Great ammo definitely when on sale!

I was told by my LGS that you guys are out of stock for this ammo. When is the next shipment expected?

I have used nothing but these in my type 81 and have never had corrosion problems.

Agreed, I have never had an issue and probably put 1k ammo through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diagger View Post
    I was told by my LGS that you guys are out of stock for this ammo. When is the next shipment expected?
    We are expecting a shipment in 60 days. Thanks.

This is steel core rigth?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar
    People will be looking hard for x39 due to the huge shipment of T81's that just came in.

What about any crates of Corrosive or Non-Corrosive, for those who want to buy in bulk?