Thread: Shipping Rates

CGN Ultra frequent flyer redshooter's Avatar

Shipping Rates

First I have to say in general I'm very happy to stop by the store, your selection is second to none for the firearm enthusiast in the area.

That said, I'd also love to make the odd purchase that needs to be shipped as it's just a bit outside of being a reasonable drive to the store. Unfortunately you appear to like to tack $4-$5 dollars on to the Postal Rate, that's your prerogative, BUT, don't try to tell someone who knows what it costs to ship stuff around the Province obvious bs. Two Items about 0.5 kg should have been $16.xx, and I got generous and doubled the weight, $18.xx, not $22.xx. A handling fee, fine, but I'm not paying an extra $5 to have an employee spend 5 minutes boxing it up. Sorry, but it ain't happening.

I'm not starting this thread to give you grief, just letting you know you lost a sale, it may be wiser to tack a $0.05 onto each item, than pocket a % of the shipping. Having an Employee tell me that they just enter the information into the computer, and that's the rate would be fine if I wasn't sitting there entering the details into Canada Post's rate calculator at the same time. Rather than argue I just cancelled the sale and ordered it from another sponsor.

28 March 2020

Redshooter:

Our shipping rates are calculated based upon size, weight, insurable value and destination for delivery. Those rates are directly built by Canada Post or CanPar for each order based upon those criteria. We do not set shipping rates ourselves for any order.

As for the handling fee, that includes picking and processing your order, packaging and materials, as well as processing and pick-up from our store.

We apologize if you feel that the shipping quote you received was too excessive for your order. Perhaps in future you might consider contacting our store directly if this issue arises again so that we can review your order and determine if an error has occurred which resulted in the shipping rate you received.

Cheers.
    Due to the current health situation, our store is closed to walk-in traffic. We are allowing pick-ups of pre-paid orders from our front door from 10.00 AM until 4.00 PM from Tuesdays through Sundays only.

Customers are advised to call ahead before attending our store to make certain their orders are ready for pick up.

Please ring the doorbell located there to summon our staff to assist you when you do arrive at our store.