Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Epps is not EMT friendly

Epps is not EMT friendly

I don’t complain much. Generally let’s be honest it falls on deaf ears. I’ve been on this forum since the beginning and years before it got restarted. Lots of dealings here with good folks. Great trader rating.

I bought a pistol in the fall from Epps, paid by EMT, all good, shipped, received, happy customer. I’ve been buying stuff from Epps for years.

After Christmas the family Visa bill is relatively high and I’d like to keep financial stress off the wife.

Today I go to buy a couple of rifles and some brass from them. Call the store, speak to a gun counter staffer, he takes my order. I say I’d like to pay by EMT. He tells me he can’t take that info over the phone it has to be done online in an online order. Ok I say no problem. I immediately go to the online ordering form. I order the same order and get to the payment portion. There’s no EMT provision, just credit card.

I call again and speak to the same counter person. He doesn’t know what to do. He transfers me to accounting. The pleasant lady there doesn’t know what to do. She transfers me to Wes the owner.

During this time one of the rifles is removed from my online cart and is no longer for purchase. I speak with Wes and he tells me, “Yes I’d rather not deal with EMT sales. It costs me money to use it and I’d rather deal with credit cards. It’s too much of a hassle”. I informed him this attempt at purchase is like me having an item in my cart in line to pay, cash in hand, and someone grabs it out of my cart and runs to the self pay checkout. Wes says, “I don’t agree with that analogy”. I mentioned my displeasure with the experience and he replied “Feel free to post about it on Gunnutz.”

So that’s where I am now. I see from the posts below anything negative posted about Ellwood Epps gets locked for some reason. So let’s not call this negative. Let’s call this a learning experience. I buy items for 3 large hunting crews in Huron and Bruce county. I will no longer be purchasing anything from Ellwood Epps in the future.

His store - his rules. Maybe he should change the name of the store though. I knew Ellwood and worked lots with his apprentice the late Jim Butcher. Welcome to 2022 I guess.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Why not just pay with credit card and then immediately cover the balance electronically with a payment from your own bank account?
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    Not commenting on the method of payment. Lots of places don’t do EMT.

But you are being a crybaby about your cart. It’s not your item until you pay.
    Lots of retailers tell you this when they have sales.
    Because people preload items in the cart, in advance of the sale.

It’s not your item, because someone else bought it when you could have but didn’t.
    And it’s not his problem you have a big Visa invoice.

Put on your big boy pants and think about it.
    I am only responsible for what I say, not for how you misinterpret or misunderstand what I say

Good reading comprehension skill is an important life skill !!

It’s not about banking strategies it’s about customer service. I guess you missed that.

Big bubba. Big boy are pants on thanks. I already said his rules - his store.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    I am very confused. Why the #### would Wes WANT to pay credit card fees?

EMTs cost at best a dollar or two? Credit card fees on a $500 gun are what, $10 give or take?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbubba View Post

It’s not your item, because someone else bought it when you could have but didn’t.

He called the store. They said he would have to go online if using EMT - Which implies EMT is an option! While his problem was handed off from person to person, the item he wanted to buy got sold. That is certainly not HIS fault for not checking out, had there been an EMT option he wouldn't have needed to call the store a second time only to get transferred multiple times and thus wouldn't have missed out on the item.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    I am very confused. Why the #### would Wes WANT to pay credit card fees?

EMTs cost at best a dollar or two? Credit card fees on a $500 gun are what, $10 give or take?
    Sounds more of a time is money. Then having someone sitting waiting for an EMT to arrive.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

Disagree. Long term customer like that you find a way to make it happen, or failing that make it right.
    Rust Never Sleeps

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3screwsloose View Post
    It’s not about banking strategies it’s about customer service. I guess you missed that.

Big bubba. Big boy are pants on thanks. I already said his rules - his store.
    So why post then? Other than to whine?
    I am only responsible for what I say, not for how you misinterpret or misunderstand what I say

Good reading comprehension skill is an important life skill !!

So why post then? Other than to whine?
    To let other people know that they don't do EMTs. And he doesn't agree with it...

I dealt with Epps before and paid via EMT. I like having the options of paying Via EMT as I can use my gun fund account, VS having to wait days to transfer money over after I bought it.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3screwsloose View Post
    It's a resolution that would take most all customers under 2mins to complete...of which you deem yourself...what? Too easily inconvenienced as a prospective buyer to implement?
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast