Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Info /Reviews : Great North Guns? Ottawa

CGN frequent flyer thunderflash's Avatar

Info /Reviews : Great North Guns? Ottawa

Any Nutz have any dealings with these folks - just doing a bit of due diligence before spending a bundle ( they have no Tel. #)

https://greatnorthgunco.ca/surplus/
    "Rifles are better than handguns for fighting. The primary purpose for a handgun is ,to fight your way to a Rifle that you should NOT have put down in the first place " ------- Clint Smith- Owner/ Instructor; Thunder Ranch

CGN Regular
    I had a great buying experience.
    Gary

CGN frequent flyer thunderflash's Avatar
    THANKS !! Did not realize they were here . ---- **Please disregard.
    Last edited by thunderflash; 03-01-2022 at 01:25 PM.
    "Rifles are better than handguns for fighting. The primary purpose for a handgun is ,to fight your way to a Rifle that you should NOT have put down in the first place " ------- Clint Smith- Owner/ Instructor; Thunder Ranch

CGN Ultra frequent flyer handofzeus's Avatar
    Bought from them, no complaints. Like Intersurplus but smaller. They seem to have bought up most of the Tradeex inventory. Intersurplus seems to have bought out the lions share of Tradeex stock from what I've seen.
    Canada ended when Trudeau began.

I believe they are actually in Quebec.

Great North is an online company operated by a family living in Outaouais, Québec. Our passion for hunting and the shooting sports, coupled with our interest for history, has slowly led us toward becoming more involved in the surplus market.

We occasionally buy used and surplus firearms, but since we do not have a storefront we only sell through the internet. We do not do visits, no exceptions!

Do you have unwanted firearms to sell in the Ottawa region?
    I like to think I know enough to know when I don’t know enough….

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    Bought two surplus rifles off them in the past year. Both were better than described. No hesitations from me!

I recently purchased a new zastava from these folks. I was a bit hesitant as well due to the email transfer payment being the only method but everything went very well. The rifle was shipped within the time frame stated and received safe and sound. Personally, I would buy from them again.

I purchased an SKS from GNG last year and the rifle was as described. VG+ condition with an excellent bore. Had an issue with my EMT payment and GNG was great to deal with. The only thing I would change is my rifle was a hardwood stock but had a laminate top handguard, but that's nitpicking. It was the arsenal that did that and not GNG, overall I'm extremely happy and only wish I bought an SKS when they were cheaper

I would definitely order again.

I just bought a handgun frame from them for so cheap. I got the registratuon but no pistol frame so I emailed to say I just the regi. They apologized it wasn't mailed yet because the CFP did not notify the transfer approval to them. Next day I just got an email from Canada Post with it being picked up and by the days end it has gotten well on its way to BC. They have lots of cool curios and collectable stuff on their site, with some having prices I can hardly believe.

Customer service has been excellent, despite problems with my license being flagged my order has been handled professionally and without a problem

The inventory carried here is top notch, and worth browsing just to see the cool new guns or accessories in stock. The prices are also reasonable, especially compared to private sales these days.
    Last edited by SeismicNSurplus; 04-28-2022 at 04:06 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast