Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CZ 75 85th Anniversary LIMITED EDITION --- SO HOT!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_B View Post
    About three years if it's your first offence.
    Only if you are a legal gun owner, a criminal would be out the same day. It seems Jailers only like the company of those who abide by the law.
    Omne ferrum ignitum malleo!

Quote Originally Posted by RK99 View Post
    Just curious, anyone know how many people in Canada are eligible "elite level" athletes or carry for work who are exempt?
    I suspect a few access to information requests will reveal how many exemptions have been granted, and which handguns have been imported since August 2022 (by make/calibre).

What surprises me is no one is talking about the fees to re-import a handgun that’s already been imported and registered in Canada if it’s being temporarily exported for a sporting completion. In short, fee to import it originally, apply for export permit then pay a fee to re-import it.
    CSSA(OHA) member since 1995
    SFC member since 1995
    NCCP Shooting Coach
    Target Shooter - ISSF & Black Powder

Quote Originally Posted by Meroh View Post
    Only if you are a legal gun owner, a criminal would be out the same day. It seems Jailers only like the company of those who abide by the law.
    Most of us have seen stats about firearms-related conviction and sentencing but I would really love to see the rate at which firearms-related charges are laid but then plea bargained away.
    I'd think that this stat would bring a truer picture re conviction rates and capture the impact of being a career criminal versus a regular gun owner.

I imagine that most of won't have the option of trading one charge for another, since we won't likely be carrying a bag of meth or trafficking people when the cops seize our OIC-banned long guns.
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_B View Post
    Most of us have seen stats about firearms-related conviction and sentencing but I would really love to see the rate at which firearms-related charges are laid but then plea bargained away.
    I'd think that this stat would bring a truer picture re conviction rates and capture the impact of being a career criminal versus a regular gun owner.

I imagine that most of won't have the option of trading one charge for another, since we won't likely be carrying a bag of meth or trafficking people when the cops seize our OIC-banned long guns.
    I see guys get released on weapons charges who say out loud that they can't believe they're being released - because of the weapons charges. Also they don't give one sh*t about any laws let alone know of any of the new laws. No idea what a PAL is.
    Originally Posted by Buggle
    There's many labels you can attach to China, but communist isn't one of them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12