Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DoubleTap sports compromised my CC

DoubleTap sports compromised my CC

not sure where to put this information because there is no dedicated forum for this dealer.

What happened is that I have a visa used for only 3 things: Gas (4-5 times a month, only at 2-3 gas stations), groceries (about 10 times a month, 3-5 different big stores like Walmart, no-frills, sobeys...etc), and Netflix (one a month auto charge).
    This card was used for this 3 types of purchases for the last 1 year or so, until 1 month ago I made a purchase online at DoubleTap sport. What they did was asking me to enter the card number and the very next day they provided an updated invoice with updated shipping cost. This process seems to be manual.

Anyhow, today a purchase of more than $16,000 at a jewellery store located in Germany was attempted to this card. And of course it's blocked. Nothing was damaged.

So I am just laying out the fact to caution you guys. You make the judgment if DoubleTap sports intentionally sold my cc or unwittingly leaked it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    Try off topics instead of General Firearms Discussion. Also could have been just a coincidence. Have you contacted DoubleTap directly before publicly slamming them?
    Defund the Liberal propaganda ministry, AKA the CBC.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneHorse View Post
    Try off topics instead of General Firearms Discussion. Also could have been just a coincidence. Have you contacted DoubleTap directly?
    what's the point to talk to them? they will acknowledge either their process sucks or they sold cc number to criminals? of course not.
    I know I have no proof and everything can be deemed as coincidence and circumstantial.
    I just want to warn people here, as I said you make the judgment yourself as I did myself.

Unless you physically showed them or told them your credit card info it was processed online by a 3rd party and the store and its employees never have access to your info. Organized criminals however have members employed at credit card processing companies and steal them regularly. It has happened to me from online orders many times and that is how the credit card company explained it to me and they honestly couldn't give a crap that it is happening.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JQIAN View Post
    what's the point to talk to them? they will acknowledge either their process sucks or they sold cc number to criminals? of course not.
    I know I have no proof and everything can be deemed as coincidence and circumstantial.
    I just want to warn people here, as I said you make the judgment yourself as I did myself.
    Got it. Just much easier to bark on the internet and point a finger. What does your CC provider have to say on the matter? Or you didn't bother to talk to them either? The fraudulent transaction was caught & stopped. Move on.
    Defund the Liberal propaganda ministry, AKA the CBC.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneHorse View Post
    Got it. Just much easier to bark on the internet and point a finger. What does your CC provider have to say on the matter? Or you didn't bother to talk to them either? The fraudulent transaction was caught & stopped. Move on.
    Typical it would seem
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 7.62mm's Avatar
    I highly doubt the owner of Double Tap sports would be complicit in this. I would be more distrustful of a gas station….IMHO!
    Meh…..just another rare bad apple…

There are so many ways you financial information can be compramised it impossible to pinpoint it unless you ONLY use it in one place, which you did not.

I have seen merchant equipment that have false covers that stored information on them an sent them via Blutooth to a phone or computer nearby.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I think its the payment processing software they used. Seems pretty common in the firearm industry my CC has been scammed 3x and I figured it was firearm retailers every time.
    TDS: What brainwashed people claim when someone isn’t gullible enough to fall for their cult nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by JQIAN View Post
    I have purchased from them many times, both online and phone in. Never had a problem.

I also personally deal with Josko, and Mav there, and wouldt question DTS integrity.

I would guess more the gas station or walmart.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast