Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Orangeville Gun Show

I wish more shows had timings like the Niagara gun show, 6-9:30pm, most are 7-8am start time, couple that with a 2 hour drive just to get there are a bit of a turn off.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive... Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.” C. S. Lewis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jonnyboy1014's Avatar
    I like going to gun shows cause it's a fun way to spend a Sunday. I don't usually buy anything but it's amusing to window shop
    BEWARE OF FOREIGN INFLUENCE
    A Vote For Trudeau Is A Vote For Communist China
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/2353593-CSIS-documents-reveal-Chinese-strategy-to-influence-2021-election

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by LawrenceN View Post
    I've been to many local gun shows over the years, Jerseyville, Woodstock, and Orangeville. Mostly I've been there as a vendor. It's true that they've deteriorated over the last couple of years, but all of you guys, bear something in mind. If the Liberals are gone after the next election cycle (my mouth to God's ear) and the Conservatives come into power, much of the asinine anti-gun legislation is likely to be overturned. Gun shows will probably start to thrive again. If we keep supporting them during these troubled times, it may be to our benefit going forward.
    You are correct.

If you don't support the gun shows (as lousy as they might be at the moment), then they will be gone soon, and maybe forever.

Milton Ontario Canada / Cottonwood Arizona
    I always enjoyed all the Gun Shows in Ontario, from 1975-2018. Their was always items that you would need to improve your shooting & hunting outings, and met a lot of great Gun Nutzs.
    Now that i have moved to the US i still communicate with some old friends from time to time but i keep up on the sad things that have spoiled the shooting sports in Canada and i hope the Government shifts to improve.
    Woodstock was a one hour drive for me then for a three hour visit and got my fix till the next one.
    Now i drive 95 minutes to Phoenix on a Friday to do a 4 hour setup with the FFL Dealer i work part time with and then return on Saturday for 8+hours & hundreds of tables and a thousand people & return Sunday for 12+ hours of show and re pack two trucks. there are several Gun Shows a month here and always find deals every time.
    and then there are the Good Old Boys of The South West i have picked up a lot of good info from them and get to shoot
    seven days a week in & out doors it is a hole new experience shooting in the desert with no restrictions, it took me less time to get a CCW then it took to do a gun transfer in Ontario "Arizona The Land of The Free " It is a great place to retire

Quote Originally Posted by polkey View Post
    I wish more shows had timings like the Niagara gun show, 6-9:30pm, most are 7-8am start time, couple that with a 2 hour drive just to get there are a bit of a turn off.
    I also think that the time frame of the exhibition should be changed to make it convenient for everyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12