Thread: 288$ Carcano Cavalry carbines

Business Member

288$ Carcano Cavalry carbines

Repro clips are available for purchase!
    Right now we're only shipping out rifles with adjustable sights, most dates are in the 30's

https://greatnorthgunco.ca/product/i...carcano-m38-3/

Shop: https://greatnorthgunco.ca/

Consignments welcome in the National Capital Region!

Well, I already have a Carcano.... but after ho-humming on this for 2 weeks, I bought another. The one I have currently (from a different sponsor in the past) is pretty rough. Hopefully the new one I ordered from GNG Co. has a bit less character. With an additional small item from their accessories section, it's under $350 to my door.... I would be losing money if I DIDN'T buy it

EDIT to add: Does anyone know what range the Cavalry Carbines are zero'd at? I currently have one of the TS models and had to build up the front sight to get it on paper at 100 yards as it was manufactured with a 300 yard zero so was hitting very high at 100
    Last edited by DiMP; 12-02-2022 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Additional question
    Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM

Business Member
    Due to demand we are bringing back the sale - until Christmas or until stock runs out!

Shop: https://greatnorthgunco.ca/

Consignments welcome in the National Capital Region!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    Thanks GNG, order placed. Now to cross my fingers you send me one with a nice bore - (order No. 29328, hint-hint - LOL )
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

I was able to get to the post office today and pick up my new rifle. It is a 1936 manufacture date with, what I would call, overall good appearance with only minor surface rust. No time today to give it a good thorough cleaning, so all I did was add a little grease around the bolt and cycle it a couple times. The bore looks good, a little dark, but no signs of pitting or missing rifling. Rifle was very well packaged for transport. I would not hesitate to buy from GNG in the future

Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    Well I got mine today. A Brescia 1941. Beat to hell and back with a stick that clearly saw serious action, but the bore is nice and clean. Looks to be a non refurb, but with a mismatched terni bolt. A few screw heads were buggered and needed a little cleanup.

I was hoping for better, but it's a lottery and the bore makes up for the very rough stock. I'd call the gun nra fair. Oh well, character has some charm of its own.

Is anyone getting cleaning rods in the butt stocks? Mine is sadly empty.

Overall dimp, yours looks orders of magnitude nicer than mine. Congrats.
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

Quote Originally Posted by DiMP View Post
    Well, I already have a Carcano.... but after ho-humming on this for 2 weeks, I bought another. The one I have currently (from a different sponsor in the past) is pretty rough. Hopefully the new one I ordered from GNG Co. has a bit less character. With an additional small item from their accessories section, it's under $350 to my door.... I would be losing money if I DIDN'T buy it

EDIT to add: Does anyone know what range the Cavalry Carbines are zero'd at? I currently have one of the TS models and had to build up the front sight to get it on paper at 100 yards as it was manufactured with a 300 yard zero so was hitting very high at 100
    Sounds like they have a 300 yard zero as well. Gun Jesus does a very informative video and this rifle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8F36VFfPVU
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

Quote Originally Posted by Claven2 View Post

Is anyone getting cleaning rods in the butt stocks? Mine is sadly empty.

Overall dimp, yours looks orders of magnitude nicer than mine. Congrats.
    Mine came with 2 short sections of cleaning rod.... screwed together they are too short to go through the barrel. This is my second Carcano, and this one is in better shape than the one I bought 2 years ago from a previous sponsor. Hopefully I can get out in the New Year and give it a go. Just need to find a new source of cast .268 projectiles since JetBullets closed up shop