Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Janeau's Avatar
    If we listen to all the cry baby here on CGN, there will be NO guns store to shop. Get over it. Me and my buddies purchased ton of items at Epps ,including guns. They are great to deal with. A very good store.

Somewhere in the middle and a little south
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlemon View Post
    I will stand up for Epps and say the people in there are quality and have always treated me well. They're a bit old fashioned and things for gun stores have been beyond hectic lately. Realistically you should probably not expect a shop to hold ammo for 2 weeks for you, but thats just how I would feel about it. The longest I have had a gun store hold a product for me was a couple of days for a stinking good deal on 9mm, and that was when Donald was leaving office. So in better days I wouldn't expect a gun store to hold ammo for me longer than a couple of days. Just my two cents, Epps has always treated me right.
    He bought and paid for the ammo. There is no stated timeline on when it has to be picked up. If they sold it knowing that it was waiting for pick up then they don’t deserve any future business from that person.

I bought a gun case online from a store in Toronto (long standing excellent business) 5 minutes after signing out of my account the store called to say that the last case was just sold in store before they could take my order out of inventory. But they would have more in next week if I could wait a few day. No problem I wasn’t in a rush, an sure enough they called Wednesday of the next week to tell me it was back in stock and I could pick it up.

That’s great service. That’s why if they close their doors they’ll be sorely missed.
    CSSA Life Member, Proud CFA Member, Proud CFFR Member, Member of BRRC, SASS # 112759, IPSC # 404, P.P.C. Competitor

CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeau View Post
    If we listen to all the cry baby here on CGN, there will be NO guns store to shop. Get over it. Me and my buddies purchased ton of items at Epps ,including guns. They are great to deal with. A very good store.
    I find posts like yours WAY more annoying. Reviews of bad customer service and experiences at retailers are critical. I research the hell out of products and vendors online before deciding to spend my money. It's not helpful when people chime in and say "get over it". That's absolutely fantastic that you had great experiences shopping at Epps. Unfortunately this thread isnt about you.

"What do you get for pretending the danger's not real?"
    - Sheep, Pink Floyd

I never put the label "I'll never shop at that store again".
    Personally I've known gun shops that are run by grumps and irresponsible people... Hey, I'd rather have a grumpy gun shop over no or 1 less gun shop.
    This day and age is no time for us to take any personal offences of any kind.
    I don't really care how I'm treated, I'm just clinging to the rope of freedom and firearm acquisition as hard as I can and will legally buy from whoever has what I want.
    Firearm Rights are Human Rights. CCFR CSSA CPC

Quote Originally Posted by squidxm View Post
    I find posts like yours WAY more annoying. Reviews of bad customer service and experiences at retailers are critical. I research the hell out of products and vendors online before deciding to spend my money. It's not helpful when people chime in and say "get over it". That's absolutely fantastic that you had great experiences shopping at Epps. Unfortunately this thread isnt about you.
    Honestly I bet every store someone had a less than par experience. Its cannot always be rainbows and horse shoes.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer slarsen47's Avatar
    If you take the attitude of the OP, you will not be shopping anywhere for anything.

A fairly trivial thing to be that upset about in my opinion.
    I stand for freedom, law and order, justice, low taxes, prosperity, healthy lifestyle and property rights.

But I am "old school" and can see the "writing on the wall".

Inventory counts can be off for many reasons. You are clearly not familiar with running a retail or distribution business. Relax, lots of more serious issues to be concerned about than an inventory count being off.

The way I read your post, you had paid for the article , correct ? If they didn't have it/lost it/sold it , did they at least immeadiately refund you the full amount ?

CGN Regular
    I was at Epps just today.

A month ago I emailed them, and never got a response.

But when I got there in store, they were friendly, and very helpful. The clerk took more time than he had to just to explain stuff to me that I didn't know. I really appreciated that.

So on the one hand they ignored my email. But on the other hand they treated me great in person. My take home from that is that they are just human like the rest of us, and have both good moments and bad moments.

I should note though, they don't really have the region all to themselves.

Trembley's tacklebox in orillia is just 10 min south of epps, and they have a solid gun room with helpful staff. Also, don't laugh, but canadian tire in orillia has really invested in their gun department and they definitely have some game.

All good options, as long as we're willing to give people the same grace that we probably need ourselves from time to time.

Order was paid for.

I believe their policy is that it will go back into stock if not picked up within 6 months.

Yes I got a refund.

I was mostly irritated that they he’d me drive there for nothing. If they had let me know prior I would have understood.

Good thing fuel is cheap

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast