Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed

Disappointed

Sorry to say Epps has lost my business

Purchased what may have been the last box of reasonably priced 30-30 ammo about two weeks ago on their website. Received an order confirmation as well as a receipt via email.

Fast forward two weeks. Head to the store to pick up my order. Which is no where near anything for me except that I was in oro medonte picking up some sled gear and decided I would travel the extre 30km to pick up the ammo.

Get to the store and…

Me: Hey I’m here to pick up an order of 30-30 ammo I purchased online

Clerk 1: Oh your the guy that bought the las box

Me: Yeah

Clerk 1: yeah we couldn’t find that anywhere

Me: How do you lose a box of ammo

Clerk 2: You’d be surprised how often that happens.

Really! The scrutiny we face as license holders/gun owners and a shop just “loses” boxes of ammo?!?

The irritating part was the “sucks to be you” attitude of the guys working the counter.

I’m not usually one to whine on Internet forums but come on! Maybe a phone call or email to say that they messed up and didn’t have it in stock rather than wait till I came to pick it up to tell me.

I’d rather support the “little guys” but won’t be shopping there anymore

End of rant

Quote Originally Posted by highnmighty View Post
    Clerk 1: yeah we couldn’t find that anywhere

Me: How do you lose a box of ammo

Clerk 2: You’d be surprised how often that happens.

Really! The scrutiny we face as license holders/gun owners and a shop just “loses” boxes of ammo?!?

I worked on a gun counter for a number years. Ammo is something that people pretty commonly shoplift. Either because they don’t have a PAL or it’s expensive

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    I don't think I've ever bought anything from Epps before this year but quickly learned that they have pretty poor inventory controls. I was there a couple times in May, lucked out one time and found primers that the website said were out of stock. Next time I was there I was looking for a buttpad that it said they had plenty of and there were none. Ordered a bunch of stuff recently including some Savage magazines, I was refunded for them with no warning or notification because they weren't in stock. The website still showed stock even after I was refunded too.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TreMoR's Avatar
    For my part,,,,,worst customer service I have ever dealt with.... lost only $70 ... but never again.....lesson learned... have a nice day Wes........
    « When injustice becomes law, resistance is a duty » - « Quand l'injustice devient loi, la résistance est un devoir » by : Thomas Jefferson.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Midnight Rider's Avatar
    A box of ammo s pretty small , so probably fairly easy to misplace in a retail environment . They may have been hoping to restock before you came to pick up the ammo , so they didn't notify you right away...sometimes mistakes get made as it happens to all of us at times .
    " SUPER BIKES RULE.....! " " Speed Costs....How Much Do You Want To Spend ! "

Epps lost my confidence a decade ago. They don't need to care about customer service as there's no other competitors close by. They have the entire area to themselves and they know that!

I tend to call ahead prior to pick up or the stores i buy from also call to say your order is ready. This is easiest way to avoid any of this and promptly pick up if you can.

Look at those business that magically find guns.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fritzhanzel's Avatar
    Happened to me as well. Ordered online a few boxes. After 2 weeks of nothing, I emailed and apparently they could not find it.

I will stand up for Epps and say the people in there are quality and have always treated me well. They're a bit old fashioned and things for gun stores have been beyond hectic lately. Realistically you should probably not expect a shop to hold ammo for 2 weeks for you, but thats just how I would feel about it. The longest I have had a gun store hold a product for me was a couple of days for a stinking good deal on 9mm, and that was when Donald was leaving office. So in better days I wouldn't expect a gun store to hold ammo for me longer than a couple of days. Just my two cents, Epps has always treated me right.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast