Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NEW TM22 with long hand-guard and adjustable stock 22LR 18 inch Threaded Barrel

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fritzhanzel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DiMP View Post
    On the bottom of their website (and they mentioned it in a previous thread on CGN)
    It has been like this for a while now. At least 6 month. Other dealers offer either free shipping or flat rate. I don't think it is a bug. It is CP standard pricing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ted_dent View Post
    I like the gun and would probably buy one but the price of the mags is crazy. $70 + tax for a .22 mag.
    Surely someone can come up with a cheaper option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    When TFBTV covered the gun at shotshow 2022 James pointed out the same thing. The guy he's talking to gives me the impression that the gun is deliberately priced on the cheap side with the expectation that they would make up the difference on magazines.

That said the 10 and 15rd mags should be cheaper, msrp on the 10rd mag is half what the 25 is.
    I get what you're saying and I'm not a businessman but if I'm representative of a reasonable demographic of gun owners it would seem that they are losing out twice. First, guns that would typically get sold are not due to the mag cost and if people don't buy the guns they also don't buy ANY mags so it's a lose-lose for the company (and dealers).

I understand the mags are metal so the quality is apparently good but if GSG can make & sell decent synthetic mags for the GSG-16 for under $30 each I am at a loss as to why Derya can't do the same thing.

It's kind of like the Norinco Olympia pistols that Marstar was selling. Great price ($200) for a fun little gun (in fact I bought one & love it) but spare mags were like $40 each and with shipping & tax ended up costing around $70. It almost made sense to just buy an extra gun as it came with two mags so you were basically getting the extra gun for about $60 + tax.

Like I said, I'm not a businessman but if i was I would think the object is to move as much product as possible and the pricing of the mags isn't helping that.

Obviously it's not Marstar's fault (I've found them great to deal with) but maybe they should have a word with the manufacturer.

Hmmm, the reviews of those like Sootch00 say this is an excellent rifle. The quality and reliability of the metal mags is a big part of that. If I were in the market for a 22 carbine, then I'd be getting one of these.
    I will pay (to play) for awesome mags, especially for a .22lr. THE most common reason for a malfunction is a shi++y mag, in my experience.
    When we were allowed to have 25 rounders for the 10/22 I paid over $70 per unit for aluminum "Butler Creek style" mags made by Tactical Innovations. They were super reliable and could actually be disassembled and cleaned. No regrets...
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    Hmmm, the reviews of those like Sootch00 say this is an excellent rifle. The quality and reliability of the metal mags is a big part of that. If I were in the market for a 22 carbine, then I'd be getting one of these.
    I will pay (to play) for awesome mags, especially for a .22lr. THE most common reason for a malfunction is a shi++y mag, in my experience.
    When we were allowed to have 25 rounders for the 10/22 I paid over $70 per unit for aluminum "Butler Creek style" mags made by Tactical Innovations. They were super reliable and could actually be disassembled and cleaned. No regrets...
    I'm not arguing that there is anything wrong with metal mags but in this day & age of precision moulding, synthetic mags are very nearly as good. Hell, CZ uses synthetic mags for their 457 target guns, I have never had a misfeed with the synthetic mags in my GSG-16 and even the synthetic mag in my Marvel 22/45 1911 conversion has been flawless.

Personally I have found that with rimfire 22s the ammo (bullet shape, power, etc.) is just as much a determinant of reliability as the mag.

CGN Regular
    Is the Long and short handguard only retained by a single hex bolt or is there a difference between the two?

I feel like that's the only downfall

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ted_dent View Post
    I like the gun and would probably buy one but the price of the mags is crazy. $70 + tax for a .22 mag.
    Surely someone can come up with a cheaper option.
    I've seen them for $49.00
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by jparent View Post
    I've seen them for $49.00
    Where and what mag capacity?

Another batch of rifles has arrived

https://marstar.ca/?s=tm22&search_id...t_type=product
    Marstar Canada
    1-888-744-0066
    sales@marstar.ca

CGN frequent flyer
    is there a rail option or are they all flat rails, 0 moa ?
    Never say 'whoa' in the middle of a mud hole.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    is there a rail option or are they all flat rails, 0 moa ?
    all flat rails
    Marstar Canada
    1-888-744-0066
    sales@marstar.ca

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast