Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do not give this shop your money

Do not give this shop your money

What an absolutely horrendous experience today at what use to be one of my favorite gun stores to visit and give my business too. Today changed that forever for me. I walked in the store today ready to buy 2 shotguns and a rifle. Valued at approx. 2k.
    Well it first took about roughly 10 min for someone to acknowledge me and my friend at the counter. When someone did they had to go get the shotguns in the back, which was fine. The gentlemen came back and left the gun on the counter, still in the box,
    Unassembled and walked away. Well it took another 5-10 min for someone to realize that they needed to assemble it for me to try out (see if length of pull was ok etc)
    Well someone else came over and tried to assemble it but had problems. This whole time they had never asked for my Pal or my friends whom I was with (who was going to buy the exact shotgun and rifle).

Once the firearm was assembled I then showed the associate my PAL(i had to show it to him, he didn’t ask) He handed us the gun with no trigger lock or anything he then walked away and started helping another customer. After about 5-10 minutes been unattended we asked to see the Ruger PC Carbine. He brought it over and walked away again. Another 10 minutes went by and my friend and I were handling these guns with 0 supervision.

This wasn’t even the worst part. Another 10 minutes went by and both gun were now on the counter as we made our decision to purchase them. Countless employees walked by and no one acknowledged us again. I finally had to stop someone and said, can we get some help here. The associate said np I’m just finishing with this cuter at the register and I will be back. Well that turned into 4 more customers after that one and we still had 0 help.

Then another customer came in the store and stood beside us and said. Oh are you buying this Ruger? And we said were trying to. He then said can I take a look at it? I said I don’t work here sir you probably have to show your PAL to someone. Well he looked over at an associate and screamed aloud “Hey can I check this out?!” while pointing at the Ruger, well the associate said. “SURE GO AHEAD”

Call me a safety Sally or whatever you’d like but this is absolutely un head of. What a joke. 50min of my time wasted and purely unsafe experience @ FOC. We both finally walked out of the store in disgust, with 0 attempt of anyone trying to help. I will never give this business a cent of my money ever again.
    Come Visit my Youtube Channel www.youtube.com/cigarbufff

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Far North's Avatar
    CSSA CCFR
    Canadian gun laws brought to you by government sponsored ignorance and fear mongering

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rajczak_kashka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cigarbufff View Post
    What an absolutely horrendous experience today at what use to be one of my favorite gun stores to visit and give my business too. Today changed that forever for me. I walked in the store today ready to buy 2 shotguns and a rifle. Valued at approx. 2k.
    Well it first took about roughly 10 min for someone to acknowledge me and my friend at the counter. When someone did they had to go get the shotguns in the back, which was fine. The gentlemen came back and left the gun on the counter, still in the box,
    Unassembled and walked away. Well it took another 5-10 min for someone to realize that they needed to assemble it for me to try out (see if length of pull was ok etc)
    Well someone else came over and tried to assemble it but had problems. This whole time they had never asked for my Pal or my friends whom I was with (who was going to buy the exact shotgun and rifle).

Once the firearm was assembled I then showed the associate my PAL(i had to show it to him, he didn’t ask) He handed us the gun with no trigger lock or anything he then walked away and started helping another customer. After about 5-10 minutes been unattended we asked to see the Ruger PC Carbine. He brought it over and walked away again. Another 10 minutes went by and my friend and I were handling these guns with 0 supervision.

This wasn’t even the worst part. Another 10 minutes went by and both gun were now on the counter as we made our decision to purchase them. Countless employees walked by and no one acknowledged us again. I finally had to stop someone and said, can we get some help here. The associate said np I’m just finishing with this cuter at the register and I will be back. Well that turned into 4 more customers after that one and we still had 0 help.

Then another customer came in the store and stood beside us and said. Oh are you buying this Ruger? And we said were trying to. He then said can I take a look at it? I said I don’t work here sir you probably have to show your PAL to someone. Well he looked over at an associate and screamed aloud “Hey can I check this out?!” while pointing at the Ruger, well the associate said. “SURE GO AHEAD”

Call me a safety Sally or whatever you’d like but this is absolutely un head of. What a joke. 50min of my time wasted and purely unsafe experience @ FOC. We both finally walked out of the store in disgust, with 0 attempt of anyone trying to help. I will never give this business a cent of my money ever again.

But....on a positive note, your poor customer service experience sounds like it was mostly due to a gun shop being sooooo busy. I’m happy to hear that the store was busy....and yeah....you sound like a member of the cult of safety....relax.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    I've never had a problem with them, on line. And the safety issues wouldn't really bother me. I'm pre licence and lock era.

It's unfortunate whenever I looked at a rifle/shotgun the sales person was always next to me - when I put it on the counter he checked that it was safe and put it back on the rack - he did request seeing my PAL before the firearm was removed from the shelf. Mind you this wasn't the store you dealt with today. I am reassured each time they ask for my PAL that at least they are doing their job.

As for FOC I will never deal with a company that does not follow any safety rules. Can you imagine if an undercover RCMP or Liberal supporter/reporter was in the store and they caught all this on video - the Karens would have a field day and it will be all over the CBC news. They would be out of business by Monday.

Thank's for sharing this rather negative experience I think it should be shared even though they are a site sponsor.

They were busy I will give them that, but its still no excuse.

If the safety issue doesn't bother you trebor2880 then to each their own.

Sites sponsor or not. It was unacceptable. What a joke this store is.

Quote Originally Posted by rajczak_kashka View Post
    But....on a positive note, your poor customer service experience sounds like it was mostly due to a gun shop being sooooo busy. I’m happy to hear that the store was busy....and yeah....you sound like a member of the cult of safety....relax.
    I am not a cult of safety at all, but this is absolutely absurd! Customer service was absolutely brutal

there is no need or requirement to have a pal to handle a firearm.

you sound like a young karen. just imagine times before the licence came out, kids walking into sears and buying a shotgun with no ID. and bringing it home on the school bus. and nothing bad ever happened.

CGN Regular
    Holy crap, do you wear a helmet to bed too? You nut. There is no requirement to “see a PAL” to handle a gun, and I’m sure he’d have handled all the legal requirements when he sold it to you.

FOC has some problems (credit cards…) and I have to say I was ignored when I was in too, but it sounds like you have a serious lack of social skills and a paranoia over guns that makes me question why you own any in the first place.

If you’re that scared, check yourself into a padded room where you’ll have nothing to complain about, and at least nobody will hear it if you do.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    What was unsafe about you handling a firearm?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast