Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Sulun SR-410! New nickle version.

You guys getting more of the coach guns?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pc9 View Post
    Ask and thee shall receive
    So I think it turned out ok. I could probably put a little more elbow grease into it but I figured I’m just going to get it dirty again sometime soon.
    Started with some G96 but it needed something else so I used my favourite cologne Hoppes #9
    Looking good, how about your fingers....
    I have some spray sealant/lube that I use for my planer's bed to decrease friction and some time use it on table saws as well, it drys to the touch but makes the surface slippery it would be interesting to try it out for the purpose of making cleaning easier.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Ok got out and did some shooting
    I find this stock length much better than the older one.
    Still getting a bit of spray back in your face but no where close as the other one did. Wear your glasses and you’ll be fine.
    As you can see in the pics it gets really dirty
    I didn’t really do a accuracy test but the 5 slugs I had were almost all touching at 15 yards.
    The PDX Defender stuff is devistating and would not want to get shot with that stuff.
    Overall I’m impressed with this new version. I sold the older model one because of all the spray back in my face.
    Burnt powder spraying back into ones face is definitely a deal breaker for me.

Thank you PC9 for your honest report, much appreciated....
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikehenrybell View Post
    The 410 slugs will perform like short-range 45 long colt, so no, maybe put all shells into the head before it jumped on you? Gotta use 12Ga bear slugs or 00 buck to do the trick.
    410 slugs have almost as much punch as a 357 magnum round.

Would I bet my life on it? Yeup!.....

Certainly better than bear spray, or Franks Red Hot Sauce.

Bears put that sh1t on everything.......

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    Revolvers get dirty up at the front of the cylinders, it's possible that the plastic hulls don't seal up as well as brass or that shotgun shells are smokier because that's way more soot then is typical of a revolver. The fact that people are complaining about debris coming back towards the face of the shooter tells me that they run on the dirty side.....
    The fact that burnt powder flies back into ones face tells me there is a design problem.

One will most likely not be wearing eye protection when this gun is needed to defend ones life from a threat.

Four legged or two legged.

This flaw needs to be addressed by the manufacturer.......

CGN Regular
    I have one sitting in my shopping cart at TI. I'm glad I didn't purchase one seeing these photos. Thank you for your honest report I found it quite helpful.

Ok got out and did some shooting
    I find this stock length much better than the older one.
    Still getting a bit of spray back in your face but no where close as the other one did. Wear your glasses and you’ll be fine.
    As you can see in the pics it gets really dirty
    I didn’t really do a accuracy test but the 5 slugs I had were almost all touching at 15 yards.
    The PDX Defender stuff is devistating and would not want to get shot with that stuff.
    Overall I’m impressed with this new version. I sold the older model one because of all the spray back in my face.

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyWoods View Post
    I have one sitting in my shopping cart at TI. I'm glad I didn't purchase one seeing these photos. Thank you for your honest report I found it quite helpful.
    I wouldn’t let my review discourage you on getting one.
    Yes it gets dirty and you get minimal spray back but it’s not enough for me to really be worried.
    Like I said it’s much better than the shorter stock one

I wouldn’t let my review discourage you on getting one.
    Yes it gets dirty and you get minimal spray back but it’s not enough for me to really be worried.
    Like I said it’s much better than the shorter stock one
    Any spray back into your precious eyes is completely unacceptable.

This is a design flaw all the manufactures have known about, yet are not willing to resolve.

The first court case due to severe personal injury or even maybe blindness will cure this.

Do I love the look? Yes

Is it cool? Yes

Is sh1t flying back into your face cool? Nope

Neither is injury or blindness........

They need to fix this ongoing problem!

Firearms with revolving cylinders, both handguns and rifle variants, all share this trait. Hot gases and powder will escape out of the gap between the cylinder and barrel. It’s less noticeable on handguns because of the increased distance between the shooters face and the firearm when held with arms extended. Even the .22 revolving carbines like the Heritage Rancher, which is a pretty cool piece, do this. Protect your eyes with shooting glasses and you are good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu10 View Post
    Firearms with revolving cylinders, both handguns and rifle variants, all share this trait. Hot gases and powder will escape out of the gap between the cylinder and barrel. It’s less noticeable on handguns because of the increased distance between the shooters face and the firearm when held with arms extended. Even the .22 revolving carbines like the Heritage Rancher, which is a pretty cool piece, do this. Protect your eyes with shooting glasses and you are good to go.
    Exactly