Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Traitors. I will never purchase from you again.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Butcherbill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    My taxes will pay for your guns too when they finally get around to them. So I should be against compensation? #### gun owners, I shouldn't have to pay!...?
    My guns aren’t for sale, clearly yours are.

Complaining about what the govt does with your taxes is like complaining about what a mugger does with the money he takes from you.

At least individuals have a lot of NR guns off the record. Businesses aren't in that boat. The fact that they're looking for cash for the inventory because of laws they had absolutely nothing to do with passing doesn't really offend me.

YMMV but my view of our retailers/businesses mentioned above hasn't changed. Its a **** deal for everyone. Their actions here don't change anything.
    Slava Ukraini
    Beholden to neither left nor right, just calling the world as I see it
    "I literally just directly quoted your use of colour revolution techniques..."

Quote Originally Posted by locgo View Post
    Honest questions: what are they supposed to do with unsold stock? Take the loss? They are businesses that need to make money (or minimize losses at least). Would it be better for them to take a principled stand….then possibly go out of business? Should they just raise prices on other items? The term ‘traitor’ is pretty serious. Don’t want to apply that sobriquet too liberally.

It sucks; I get it. We’re all out money but for most of us, it’s not our livelihood at stake. I’m not privy to all those businessmen’s personal situations.

I am not looking to denigrate anyone but rather seek out viable alternative actions.
    Most if not all firearm businesses are licensed for prohibited firearms. So having them in inventory isn’t a problem legally. LEO and Mil can still purchase everything that was listed in the OIC. So any business could contract with a local detachment and sell off all their inventory and recoup all their costs plus some profit. There’s also the ability to disassemble any AR and sell off every part except the upper and lower.

Also anyone who thinks this could set a good precedent for the public buy back is wrong. Businesses will probably get no cash but will get massive tax credits to compensate them. Those same tax credits will be worth nothing to the average firearm owner.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbill View Post
    My guns aren’t for sale, clearly yours are.
    Unless you are saying you're willing to be locked up in jail to stand up against this, then yes your guns are just as for sale as mine. I have a family to take care of, so as much as I don't WANT to give them anything if my alternative is a jail cell then I'm going to do what I need to to be able to continue to provide for my family.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian-Sniper View Post
    The government does not have money besides ours.
    the gov is running on credit card debt, they don't care about spending, because they never intended to balance it.

back to this post, 11000 at an average of 1700 = 18.7M. that's a lot of dead stock.

Not totally agree with their decision, especially we are in this stage of our court case.
    CCFR, CSSA, IPSC, Law Abiding Gun Owners - Buy patch here -> lago.ecwid.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Janeau's Avatar
    Lets stop buying ANYTHING from those CSAAA business members …they don’t deserve a single $ from gun owners.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Janeau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by locgo View Post
    Honest questions: what are they supposed to do with unsold stock? Take the loss? They are businesses that need to make money (or minimize losses at least). Would it be better for them to take a principled stand….then possibly go out of business? Should they just raise prices on other items? The term ‘traitor’ is pretty serious. Don’t want to apply that sobriquet too liberally.

It sucks; I get it. We’re all out money but for most of us, it’s not our livelihood at stake. I’m not privy to all those businessmen’s personal situations.

I am not looking to denigrate anyone but rather seek out viable alternative actions.
    The same thing I do with my 10K gun in my safe that I cannot use. Sit on it till the court actions and next election. They did not have to screw all gun owners like they did and make deals with the Libs. That CSAAA and those business are garbage..scums.

How'd it screw us? Is a legal position now suddenly untenable?
    Slava Ukraini
    Beholden to neither left nor right, just calling the world as I see it
    "I literally just directly quoted your use of colour revolution techniques..."

Loud noises!

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    I am all in favour of boycotting the business of directors that voted in favour of this shortsighted decision. I wonder if there is any means to find out who where in favour or against this ghastly mistake?
    Buy once and cry once. Sometimes half measures cost twice as much.
    Accuracy is a matter of time and money. How much do you want to spend?
    Coyotes outpace roadrunners by 23 mph. They do not outpace a 223 Remington, however.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast