Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Frustrating experience

CGN Ultra frequent flyer btabin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffm312 View Post
    Damaged or defective merchandise is not a reason a chargeback will be accepted, regardless of who is at fault.
    Yes, it is. You were sold what was supposed to be a functioning product that turned out to be defective, and the store isn't willingly to take responsibility. If that is not one of the better reasons for a chargeback, then I don't know what is. What kind of crappy credit card company do you have that doesn't allow chargebacks for defective products?
    I suck at responding to PMs. Don't take it personally.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by partial View Post
    So you bought a non functioning item, paid for it and left the store with it?

Where is the problem?
    The amount some of you guys are willing to take in the rear from retailers is genuinely shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by stevelarry View Post
    The amount some of you guys are willing to take in the rear from retailers is genuinely shocking.
    Right? He's gotta be trolling because to actually mean what he said is just... retarded.

Update (edit):
    G4C exchanged with a new one
    Last edited by Jeffm312; 05-09-2023 at 11:40 AM.

What are you smoking that you think that Damaged or defective merchandise is not a reason a chargeback will be accepted.

CGN Regular
    Update:

G4C called me and offered to lend me their demo unit until Trijicon processes the RMA.
    Everyone does the right thing when their dirty laundry gets aired.

Funny how that works.

Update:

G4C called me and offered to lend me their demo unit until Trijicon processes the RMA.
    And this is why it's a good idea to always post on a retailer's sub-forum when you feel all reasonable avenues have been exhausted, despite the legions of NPCs here crying about using a dealer's public forum to publicly contact them. Guarantee you that the only reason they called is because they saw this thread and knew they're in the wrong (i.e. damage control).

Quote Originally Posted by btabin View Post
    And this is why it's a good idea to always post on a retailer's sub-forum when you feel all reasonable avenues have been exhausted, despite the legions of NPCs here crying about using a dealer's public forum to publicly contact them. Guarantee you that the only reason they called is because they saw this thread and knew they're in the wrong (i.e. damage control).
    Devils advocate is this all happened within a three hour . So it’s possible they were just busy discussing it. They also mentioned it’s a first for them which I believe I sort of have a hard time believing other retailers would do the same so in the end I’m happy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    The list of stores to deal with grows smaller again.
    Thankfully I'm not obsessed with in person shopping.
    Cross country mail order is the way to do business

Devils advocate is this all happened within a three hour . So it’s possible they were just busy discussing it. They also mentioned it’s a first for them which I believe I sort of have a hard time believing other retailers would do the same so in the end I’m happy
    Nice of you to give them the benefit of the doubt after dealing with that. They're good people from my interactions with them, not knocking them there, but there isn't a doubt in my mind that this thread is what ultimately pushed them in a more amenable direction. Seen it happen countless times on this forum; company screws over a customer and pretty much tells them tough sh*t, only to change their tune once their actions are made public. Had you stuck to private correspondence in person or via phone or email, I'm quite sure you would have gotten the same response as in-store.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast