Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Frustrating experience

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by stevelarry View Post
    Yes, but that didn't happen, so what you would have or could have done in your head doesn't matter does it?

Walking out of the store doesn't magically void warranties.
    Sure it matters...

If the item is defect, you speak up then and there!

Leave the item there and (if you paid already) ask for a full refund
    Don't pay for the defective item, take it home, then complain about it online.

Offer, acceptance, consideration.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pirate604's Avatar
    Good to hear the Op is sorted.
    Paying full retail for an item that is not in perfect condition and then being told by said retail to sort it out your self is never acceptable.
    If Ye Hath Fought Like a Man, Ye Needen't Hang Like a dog.

Thank you OP for sharing your experience. Will not buy from this vendor ever.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by partial View Post
    The problem is on him.

Why did he pay for the item in the first place, and why did he leave the store with the defective item?

I would have left it there, so NO problem.
    Most stores wont allow you to unbox something to try it out, now its a used item in some shoppers minds as its not a factory sealed box,

Can you imagine starting up unboxing and starting up generator in Home depot or assembling a battery operated mower in Canadian Tire ?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by FatCatsDad View Post
    Most stores wont allow you to unbox something to try it out, now its a used item in some shoppers minds as its not a factory sealed box,

Can you imagine starting up unboxing and starting up generator in Home depot or assembling a battery operated mower in Canadian Tire ?
    Yes, but they did unbox the item, and found out that it is defective.
    That should have been a sign for the buyer, that the item will have to stay in the shop.

To take a defective item, which you just purchased new, home, and be told to take it up with the manufacturer is ludicrous, by both, the buyer and the seller!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by stevelarry View Post
    The amount some of you guys are willing to take in the rear from retailers is genuinely shocking.
    This is my exact thought every time I see a pinned drum being advertised and drooled over lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Janeau's Avatar
    You guys are never satisfied. The dealer made it right with the OP and that's all it matter at the end.

Some of you should go to Costco or Canadian Tire and see the trolley full of returned items - defective - missing parts. Ect.
    Costco near me, has 2 full time employee dealing with that - there is a line up waiting to return stuff every time I put my feet there - every week.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Janeau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodDoomguy View Post
    Thank you OP for sharing your experience. Will not buy from this vendor ever.
    You will run out of dealers and you will have to take on golf or other endeavours.
    They made it right -in my book that all that can be done to fix it.

The only dealer to blackball are th CSAAA members dealers..the org and it’s members who are in the pocket of the Libs and antis.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeau View Post
    You guys are never satisfied. The dealer made it right with the OP and that's all it matter at the end.

Some of you should go to Costco or Canadian Tire and see the trolley full of returned items - defective - missing parts. Ect.
    Costco near me, has 2 full time employee dealing with that - there is a line up waiting to return stuff every time I put my feet there - every week.
    dealer made it right? lmao

go white knight somewhere else,

made it 'right' only after being outed,

they treated the customer like hot garbage when they thought they could get away with it

and lending a demo optic is not making this right

Quote Originally Posted by CAD View Post
    dealer made it right? lmao

go white knight somewhere else,

made it 'right' only after being outed,

they treated the customer like hot garbage when they thought they could get away with it

and lending a demo optic is not making this right
    They didnt lend a demo optic in the end. When i showed up they did a straight up exchange and told me they had misspoken on the phone. In the end they did as good as you could hope for from any retailer and I thank them for it.
    Last edited by Jeffm312; 05-09-2023 at 10:32 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast