Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Epps on gunnuts?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    Marstar was kicked off for selling Garands that were unsafe and wouldn't refund people's money.
    The previous owner hyped 7.62 Garands from Italy like he'd found some forgotten container. They were ordinary Danish (?) or Italian (?) recievers with 7.62 barrels installed, and the QC was what you'd expect of a log cabin built with a dull chainsaw run by two drunks after dark. Absolutely criminal. The upshot was Marstar was run off CGN; and the previous owner had to sell the business. The new operators are significantly better retailers. The community disciplined itself.

What Wes at Epps did was on par but worse. He signed a commercial contract with Public Safety on behalf of an industry association. He very likely hoodwinked the other prominent members. I do not believe many of the other businesses whose names are getting splashed around were aware of his dealmaking or would have agreed had they known the extent that he was in bed with the feds.
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by maple_leaf_eh View Post
    The previous owner hyped 7.62 Garands from Italy like he'd found some forgotten container. They were ordinary Danish (?) or Italian (?) recievers with 7.62 barrels installed, and the QC was what you'd expect of a log cabin built with a dull chainsaw run by two drunks after dark. Absolutely criminal. The upshot was Marstar was run off CGN; and the previous owner had to sell the business. The new operators are significantly better retailers. The community disciplined itself.

What Wes at Epps did was on par but worse. He signed a commercial contract with Public Safety on behalf of an industry association. He very likely hoodwinked the other prominent members. I do not believe many of the other businesses whose names are getting splashed around were aware of his dealmaking or would have agreed had they known the extent that he was in bed with the feds.
    What makes you think the other members did not know? Their website gloats about it as “getting a fair deal for businesses”. They would have to have known what was being proposed.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer beltfed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .30/06 FTW View Post
    Should be noted that that’s with the previous owner. Night and day difference with the current ownership group.

Just to set the record straight, I understand that Marstar ownership was in transition when that gong show went down, and it was the current owner that was wanting to not refund the purchase price (in my case at least), it wasn't until faced with a VISA dispute that John stepped up, lamented, and refunded the cost 100%
    Life Member CCFR and CSSA
    Posts made by the pseudonym "Beltfed" may not accurately reflect the beliefs and opinions of the Registered User.

Quote Originally Posted by Zortron View Post
    What makes you think the other members did not know? Their website gloats about it as “getting a fair deal for businesses”. They would have to have known what was being proposed.
    Do I know for sure? No. Not my circus or my monkeys. The grubby details of the contract were more complicated than simply saying, 'we've got a contract with Public Safety to buy you OIC effected inventory'. My opinion (and mine alone) is Wes played the industry association to get a $700,000 deal in place, but Public Safety hoodwinked Wes with a worse deal than anyone in industry would have accepted. First thing on a Monday morning. Says Public Safety, 'yeah, lets get all the attention on the contract so we can all look like fairminded players, and no one look at SECU or the stupidity they're laying down.'
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

The whole thing is sketchy and shrouded in smoke. Was he trying to score a fat cash payday and sold his soul? Was he trying to help struggling businesses get some of their costs back so they can stay afloat? Could be one or the other, a mix of both, or a totally different circumstance that I'm unaware of and don't have any pertinent facts regarding.

I'm going to wait until the smoke clears a bit before I make my personal call on this thing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Odd Shot's Avatar
    Read the contract. What is without doubt is that Wes, through the CSAAA, signed a contract with Public Safety -- in secret -- for $700,000 in costs which the Liberals paraded around as proof positive that the industry supported C-21 and the confiscation. The CSAAA gave them that PR score.

The contract also requires that the CSAAA rat out business who are non-compliant with the government's confiscation scheme every 2 weeks. It also requires the CSAAA to verify destruction of firearms. Apparently, the CSAAA also gets commission for every business they get on board the Liberal plan. Wes lied through his teeth.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    Lay down with the turd, what do you expect.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    CGN is a business.
    EPPS likely has a contract with CGN display the banner and is paid in full up to a certain date

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 53Izzy744's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    For those of us that aren't on here very day, what have they done? They are my local gun store so curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdft View Post
    Yeah, what's the story. I've been out in the bush.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd Shot View Post
    Read the contract. What is without doubt is that Wes, through the CSAAA, signed a contract with Public Safety -- in secret -- for $700,000 in costs which the Liberals paraded around as proof positive that the industry supported C-21 and the confiscation. The CSAAA gave them that PR score.

The contract also requires that the CSAAA rat out business who are non-compliant with the government's confiscation scheme every 2 weeks. It also requires the CSAAA to verify destruction of firearms. Apparently, the CSAAA also gets commission for every business they get on board the Liberal plan. Wes lied through his teeth.
    This pretty much
    Sweet songs never last too long on broken radios

Quote Originally Posted by FatCatsDad View Post
    CGN is a business.
    EPPS likely has a contract with CGN display the banner and is paid in full up to a certain date
    Advertising contract law allows for immediate or short notice cancellation, especially around unwelcome notoriety.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast