Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bullet Casting

Another great option for the snider is the .590 Paradox from Kal tool and die in Winnipeg. I shoot several sniders and prefer to resize and use the .590 bullet so the cases fit in everything vs the larger .600 for the fire formed cases.

I cast, used to lube the traditional way lubesizer or alox now just about exclusively powder coat.

The xring 530gr conical is a .60 caliber bullet, it won't work in regular Snider brass.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cigar_man View Post
    Sorry to say, but no, they won't as the brass is too thick at the mouth.

I have been making my own Snider brass for years using the Magtech 24 brass.

Although, it's a lot less hassle to buy formed Snider brass direct from X Ring.

I use lee dies to form the brass, fire once with .480 bullet.

Once the brass is fire formed, you can then switch over to the Martyn's .600 bullet.

The accuracy of Martyn's bullet is beyond expectations.

If your on facebookie, drop on over as there is a sheet ton of information on the page and I'm sure you will recognize some of the names from GunNutz.
    hey thanks for the great info! I will pass it along to my buddy. I'm game to make some magtech cases for my buddy as well
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

CGN Ultra frequent flyer starpuss's Avatar
    I have not done any powder coat "yet" But normally i only reload for my antique pistols , and some 50cal for muzzleloader.
    But at the same time... I am starting to Collect Bullet molds thinking one year ill do a lot more LOL

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by starpuss View Post
    I have not done any powder coat "yet" But normally i only reload for my antique pistols , and some 50cal for muzzleloader.
    But at the same time... I am starting to Collect Bullet molds thinking one year ill do a lot more LOL
    I understand this completely LOL.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Cast mainly handgun because I collected surplus and there are as many barrel sizes are there are colors in the rainbow for every cartridge. I powder coat those cast bullets. For the few rifles I have I also cast bullets but go the traditional lube sizer method.
    (>​_o)┏━ ~~~~~~~⊃

Cast Bullet Engineering in Australia also make molds. I ordered one for the martini...they are great to deal with.

I cast for muzzleloaders, black powder cartridge, handguns and rifle. A lot of what I have is old and obsolete so if I want to shoot them I have to cast. At last count I had 124 moulds. Smallest caliber is 22 Hornet and largest is 577 Snider. I have 19 different round ball sizes for pistol and rifle, from 0.310 to 0.715. Most of my bullets are sized and lubed with a few getting the Lee alox lube. The moulds I decided to start collecting about 8 years ago. A lot of the Lyman and Winchester mould designs you can’t get anymore without going custom made. I have been known to buy a mould and then buy a rifle that shoots it. I couldn’t afford to shoot a lot of what I have if it wasn’t for cast bullets. I believe I have over 1000lbs of bullets cast setting in my cabinets. I refuse to admit I am addicted.
    Smokeless powder is just a passing fad. #1 gun rule,carry one.

Like so many others, I cast for muzzle loaders, BPCR's handguns and modern rifles. I've been accused by Slug, a member here, of introducing powder coating to local shooters. but be that as it may, I powder coat EVERYTHING I shoot. Because I shoot my BPCR"S with both smokeless and Holy Black, I lube all these calibers as well, with Paul Mathews' "Premium" Bullet Lube.
    BPCR Calibers I shoot include 38-55 (2) 40-60 Maynard, 40-65 Win, 40-70 Sharps Straight, 45-70 (6) 45-90, 50-70, .577 Snider. With respect to Snider Shooter, I'm proud of my addiction, in fact I brag about it! LOL!!
    I know I have a problem!!! I'm not looking for a cure.............just the next fix!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast