Thread: Great north gun Co, carcanos?

Great north gun Co, carcanos?

Hi i have been looking at there carcanos the higher grade 300 dollar ones. Just wondering if anyone has bought one, and what shape they have received.
    Thanks

Uber Super GunNutz
    There was an issue with one CGN member here.

I've seen a half dozen of the Carcano rifles from GNGco and they were all very nice.

When buying surplus firearms, if there is an option for a better grade, take it.
    A VOTE FOR MAX WAS DEFINITELY A VOTE FOR TRUDEAU

Buddy and I ordered at the same time. His was decent, mine is unusable with a bent bolt and pitted to death, roll of the dice especially ordering this late.
    Last edited by BCrecce; 06-13-2023 at 03:43 PM.
    Names Ash.......Housewares
    "This is my boomstick"

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by BCrecce View Post
    Buddy and I ordered at the same time. His was decent, mine is unusable with a bent bolt and pitted to death, roll of the dice especially ordering this late.
    Did you order the select type?
    A VOTE FOR MAX WAS DEFINITELY A VOTE FOR TRUDEAU

Mine showed up in great shape. Here is a quote of the post I made in this forum after I received it. Since then I've probably only put 24 rounds through it or so, but I have had no issues (other than the typical repro-clip issues I also get with my other 2 Carcanos)

I was able to get to the post office today and pick up my new rifle. It is a 1936 manufacture date with, what I would call, overall good appearance with only minor surface rust. No time today to give it a good thorough cleaning, so all I did was add a little grease around the bolt and cycle it a couple times. The bore looks good, a little dark, but no signs of pitting or missing rifling. Rifle was very well packaged for transport. I would not hesitate to buy from GNG in the future

Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM