Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ARCO P-2 FDE

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Lol. Right. I like how even though I've been here 6 years longer than you I'm considered a shill for pointing out the obvious despite having only ever had one average dealing with Nordic Marksman in the past.

The real problem here is that most folks who carry this attitude have never had to look at it from a retailer perspective and for that reason you carry a certain level of entitlement. If you guys want retailers to not take steps to protect themselves, realize that prices will have to go up exponentially to cover losses, which will result in them going out of business, and then you will be back to bitching about how you can't get what you want the way you want it.

You'll notice I didn't say that you should give them your pal details, rather I pointed out that if that is not preferable to you that there is another option that does not require it. But now you guys are bitching about how that doesn't offer credit card protections... then give them your pal details and have your credit card protections.

For those that are wondering, the purpose of the pal details is that retailers can see your home address on the back end of the Canadian Firearms Program when they enter in your pal details and confirm that it matches with your shipping address that you put in when purchasing said optic/accessory. This is an easy and relatively painless way for retailors to get reassurance that the credit card being used for the purchase and the shipping address all match up so that the likelihood of a fraudulent charge resulting in a charge back.

It's a completely reasonable ask on the retailers part and if you guys don't want to participate in it in order to use your credit cards then just default back to the standard of using cash or the digital version which is e-transfer.

Optics in particular are extremely susceptible to being easily flipped on the second hand Market both here on cgn and the various sites like gunpost, townpost, etc. The easiest to flip are going to be the high quality brand names with values between $500 to $2000, which is what I meant by high-end versus something like holosun optics or equivalent.

Like I said the level of entitlement being displayed here is ridiculous. These are safety measures set out by Nordic to protect themselves in order to stay in business. If you don't like it use one of the other payment methods or move on, unless you want to offer to personally reimburse them for every fraudulent charge that gets reversed?
    You are the odd man out. Have fun with your opinion nobody agrees with.
    Last edited by B; 07-07-2023 at 07:41 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CosmiC10R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B View Post
    You are the odd man out. Have fun with your opinion nobody agrees with.
    god... now you have to say that...

so P and D had over 3 high end nightforce scopes bought with fraudulent CCs a few years back and I can't remember what they did about it but its not unusual to see stores put policies in place to protect themselves... there may well be a name associated with this policy for this particular business...

Having a history in retail we have examples where gift cards can't be bought with CCs because it is the primary means of fraud...

Since Nordic already has my pal on file as I have gotten great service from them twice on a shotty and a pistol maybe i should just buy one...

edit- both gone... someone saved me some money lol
    It's not about money.... It's about sending a message...
    Member - NRA (Bloomie made me do it ) - CCFR - NFA - CPC
    Juster - "I came to CGN for the firearms information, but stayed for the supportive mental health ecosystem"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CAD View Post
    I liked Nordic.

Liked.
    I like to give people a chance and even after repeated let downs, I'm not a natural "cancel" kind of person... it's something I could work on but I find just being aware of my "blind spot" is a good start.

I would not be surprised if Nordic finds an agreeable solution to this issue. I'm not really in the retail online space but it seems there have been some suggestions of other ways they can safeguard against fraud. Maybe people with good ideas can suggest something that's easy and effective?

Fraud is likely only going to get worse in the near future.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

somewhere in between Saskatchewan and Ontario
    Remember guys, these are mom and pop shops. They get fuc*ed over by people just like we do. They are doing their best to protect their bread and butter. If you don’t like it, simply go elsewhere instead of complaining on their forum. These will sell.
    DISCLAIMER

- First “I’ll take it” wins regardless of what dialogue is occurring
    - payment required within 12 HRS unless agreed upon prior
    - all sales on the EE are final so i ask questions before buying
    - all items sold come with 100$ insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    I like to give people a chance and even after repeated let downs, I'm not a natural "cancel" kind of person... it's something I could work on but I find just being aware of my "blind spot" is a good start.

I would not be surprised if Nordic finds an agreeable solution to this issue. I'm not really in the retail online space but it seems there have been some suggestions of other ways they can safeguard against fraud. Maybe people with good ideas can suggest something that's easy and effective?

Fraud is likely only going to get worse in the near future.
    i kind of get the point of the Pal being just a number but its also the most checked piece of ID in canada. a lot of loss prevention is making yourself the least accessible target rather then falsely believing one is totally protected...
    EMT is the easy road if one doesnt want to use a CC

I must admit i get kind of amused at people ####ting on a business trying to protect itself rather then the garbage running around defrauding everyone ruining it for the rest of us...
    Juster - "I came to CGN for the firearms information, but stayed for the supportive mental health ecosystem"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmiC10R View Post
    i kind of get the point of the Pal being just a number but its also the most checked piece of ID in canada. a lot of loss prevention is making yourself the least accessible target rather then falsely believing one is totally protected...
    EMT is the easy road if one doesnt want to use a CC

I must admit i get kind of amused at people ####ting on a business trying to protect itself rather then the garbage running around defrauding everyone ruining it for the rest of us...
    I think it's mostly a reflection of gun owners being abused by the current government and taking out their frustrations on the wrong people. That said let's try and help Nordic figure out a better way for people that want to use Credit Cards and in the meantime as you point out there are other payment options.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    I think it's mostly a reflection of gun owners being abused by the current government and taking out their frustrations on the wrong people. That said let's try and help Nordic figure out a better way for people that want to use Credit Cards and in the meantime as you point out there are other payment options.
    actually its funny you mention that... i had a similar thought in that its a bit of a knee jerk reaction to the total crap we deal with daily... maybe just a bit misdirected?

Throw in a couple of boxes of free bonus 410 ammo with the purchase of the optic....

CGN Regular
    Asking for a PAL when it is not needed is getting on board with government restrictions.

Way to alienate your customers.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by addhawk View Post
    Throw in a couple of boxes of free bonus 410 ammo with the purchase of the optic....
    That is actually brilliant

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast