Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ellwood Epps, what a great store!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CZ_Brno's Avatar
    Wes Winkel, president of the Canadian Sporting Arms and Ammunition Association (CSAAA), is pictured at the Ellwood Epps sporting goods store in Severn, Ont. in 2019. Winkel said in an interview with CBC's Power & Politics that the CSAAA is partnering with the government on a gun buyback program even though the organization has concerns.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/mendicino-first-step-firearm-buyback-industry-1.6822947
    Brno Arms had and still has reputation for extremely talented designers, engineers, their DESIGN - WAY AHEAD OF OTHERS, WAY AHEAD OF TIME, UNCOMPROMIZING QUALITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OLD WORLD CRAFTSMANSHIP and long LASTING BEAUTY ~Brnomann

it was better in the 70s and 80s.... it was magical.
    The right, always trumph!

Uber Super GunNutz
    Lol.

Did you have a pleasant experience supporting an establishment that was attempting to legitimize the Liberal's ban shenanigans?
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer savagefan's Avatar
    ####. I did not know that, just happy to get some powder.
    Former Ford Fan

It's definitely not the shop that it was when Elwood , his wife and family were running it !

Quote Originally Posted by CZ_Brno View Post
    Wes Winkel, president of the Canadian Sporting Arms and Ammunition Association (CSAAA), is pictured at the Ellwood Epps sporting goods store in Severn, Ont. in 2019. Winkel said in an interview with CBC's Power & Politics that the CSAAA is partnering with the government on a gun buyback program even though the organization has concerns.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/men...stry-1.6822947
    This is a fact and there’s been numerous posts about this on CGN and I’m surprised the OP hasn’t seen it before this.

Wes is the incistartor of the CSAAA cave in to Mendocino on the buy back program.

Some people have very short memories…
    The most asinine quote in Canadian history;
    A “fringe minority” in truckers convoy with “unacceptable views” “don’t represent Canadians”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bush1 View Post
    This is a fact and there’s been numerous posts about this on CGN and I’m surprised the OP hasn’t seen it before this.

Wes is the incistartor of the CSAAA cave in to Mendocino on the buy back program.

Some people have very short memories…
    Lol the what??

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    I can relate to folks who have had good experiences and bad ones in a gun store. But I certainly dont want to see any more of them close their doors - its tough enough already to enjoy our sport and hobby with the limited retail outlets. Support them when you can. If you have a negative experience offer your feedback in writing; sometimes they can correct the issue. Course there is nothing nicer than positive feedback when it is warranted. I still miss browsing the shelves at LeBaron in Markham.
    This.

Everyone should read this again.

wes' move with the buyback is worthy of concern, of course, but everyone take a big step back and look at the big picture! Even the worst gun shop is still worthy and deserving of support with our current politcal situation.

I was in epp's just today. Went to webbers first too.
    Is webbers the best burgers around? No. Frankly, they're not even actually that good. They're not bad at all, but nothing amazing. The poutine is pretty good though. But you don't go to webbers looking for some premium burger. You go to webbers because it's an institution. You go to webbers for the overall experience. You go to webbers to support a certain way of life.

You go to epps for many of the same reasons.

I did stop at Webber's once about 20 years ago and determined it wasn't worth the lines -- I make way better at home.

Epps sold me a TD lever 308 at one point, only game around so my attempt at bargaining was a miss. I find the store very tight... everything packed in, rifles downstairs. The guy with the orange Crosstrek has been there a long time... just noticing staff vehicles.

Now knowing how the owner will cow-tow to any forthcoming regulations means I won't bother anymore. Bye Ellwood, bye.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer savagefan's Avatar
    Webbers, that's the burger joint with the bridge over 11 with the mambo line-ups in the rain we saw right?
    Former Ford Fan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast