Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 2023 Show Us Your Game Hunting Photo Contest - Concludes!

I hope video is okay! A friend tagged along for the hunt that is a talented film maker. This hunt was really fun AND exciting as the man behind the camera was learning how to hunt from us as we were learning how to capture our experiences better from him!

We found a good patch of bush for camp, setting up my floorless tipi tent. Evening temps dipped to -5, which for October here ain’t bad at all. Unfortunately we saw mid day rains instead of overnight snow, making tracking and even sighting harder. Each day we were fortunate enough to see anywhere from 6-18 cow/calf pairs. If you know moose hunting, you’ll know the simple secret to success is to hunt WHERE THE MOOSE ARE. I have put more weeks in the bush than I care to admit in order to learn that one…

On the third morning of the hunt I spotted a nice bull pursuing a hot cow a few hundred yards from us. They were on the move, not leaving a tonne of time for planning. After a quick huddle we were on the move. Closed the distance to 300 meters using a pot hole sleugh as cover. A perfect 10 ring shot was made, leaving a beautiful bull moose down in the northern plains!

A few days went by and our friend sent a link for us to review the clip he put together.. I was completely blown away. For just a couple of average guys to have their hunt captured professionally was a special gift for sure. I hope that you guys can feel the excitement through your screen! It continues to get me fired up.

https://youtu.be/R7qSm6cHjoA?si=9RQLtXvWoGFZfzQa

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by pipeliner View Post
    I hope video is okay! A friend tagged along for the hunt that is a talented film maker. This hunt was really fun AND exciting as the man behind the camera was learning how to hunt from us as we were learning how to capture our experiences better from him!

We found a good patch of bush for camp, setting up my floorless tipi tent. Evening temps dipped to -5, which for October here ain’t bad at all. Unfortunately we saw mid day rains instead of overnight snow, making tracking and even sighting harder. Each day we were fortunate enough to see anywhere from 6-18 cow/calf pairs. If you know moose hunting, you’ll know the simple secret to success is to hunt WHERE THE MOOSE ARE. I have put more weeks in the bush than I care to admit in order to learn that one…

On the third morning of the hunt I spotted a nice bull pursuing a hot cow a few hundred yards from us. They were on the move, not leaving a tonne of time for planning. After a quick huddle we were on the move. Closed the distance to 300 meters using a pot hole sleugh as cover. A perfect 10 ring shot was made, leaving a beautiful bull moose down in the northern plains!

A few days went by and our friend sent a link for us to review the clip he put together.. I was completely blown away. For just a couple of average guys to have their hunt captured professionally was a special gift for sure. I hope that you guys can feel the excitement through your screen! It continues to get me fired up.

https://youtu.be/R7qSm6cHjoA?si=9RQLtXvWoGFZfzQa
    You have a few other good videos on your channel too. The one of the elk bugling from the other side of the bush is wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    You have a few other good videos on your channel too. The one of the elk bugling from the other side of the bush is wild.
    Thank you! I just started the channel, that elk video has about 7 views so far lol!! That elk was MAD at me, I was able to pull him away from his herim by cutting off his bugles with my own. What a rush hearing him come that close from that far.
    Insurance on packages must be requested and paid for by the buyer.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by pipeliner View Post
    Thank you! I just started the channel, that elk video has about 7 views so far lol!! That elk was MAD at me, I was able to pull him away from his herim by cutting off his bugles with my own. What a rush hearing him come that close from that far.
    Elk hunting has been on my list for a few years. I’d like to give it a go this year if I can make it happen. The whole family has been tagging along on moose trips for the last few years and it gets a bit hard to call a moose in with 4-5 people hanging out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    Elk hunting has been on my list for a few years. I’d like to give it a go this year if I can make it happen. The whole family has been tagging along on moose trips for the last few years and it gets a bit hard to call a moose in with 4-5 people hanging out.
    The elk sure are spreading out in Alberta! If you go any direction other than North from where you are you can find em. I’d start by choosing an area and getting the land title map, most farmers are happy to tell you if they’re having elk problems. Good luck this fall! We are all counting down the days already eh.
    Insurance on packages must be requested and paid for by the buyer.

Business Member InternationalShootingSupp's Avatar
    Our winning photos this year:

1st Place

2nd Place

3rd Place

Honorable Mention

Honorable Mention

Honorable Mention

Honorable Mention

International Shooting Supplies
    14904 104th Ave
    Surrey, BC, Canada
    V3R 1M7
    PH 604-588-7513
    Fax 604-588-7510
    www.internationalshootingsupplies.com
    sales@internationalshootingsupplies.com

CGN frequent flyer
    WOW ! Great photos !
    Leavenworth

CGN Regular
    +1
    Amazing shots there! Congrats to the winners!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567