Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remington Small Pistol Primers

Remington Small Pistol Primers

Just noticed 2 different Remington Small Pistol Primers listed in your site. Being not familiar with the Remington Branded SPP, what exactly is the difference between 5-1/2, and 1-1/2 SPPs as listed for Small Pistols. I saw the 2-1/2 is for Large Pistol. I am used to Winchester, Federal, CCI, S&B. What exactly do I need if I am reloading 9mm?

My understanding is #1 1/2 are the standard SPP and the #5 1/2 SPP have a thicker primer cup for heavier recoiling rounds like .40 and .357
    I've used both for 9mm with no issues in my competition guns.
    Anxiousness is the axeman of accuracy.
    IPSC and 3gun.

Quote Originally Posted by ambishooter View Post
    Just noticed 2 different Remington Small Pistol Primers listed in your site. Being not familiar with the Remington Branded SPP, what exactly is the difference between 5-1/2, and 1-1/2 SPPs as listed for Small Pistols. I saw the 2-1/2 is for Large Pistol. I am used to Winchester, Federal, CCI, S&B. What exactly do I need if I am reloading 9mm?
    5 1/2 are small pistol magnum primers. do not use these in 9mm loads but use the 1 1/2.
    May 1st 2020, clear proof;
    Registration leads to confiscation!

250 W beaver creek, Richmond Hill,ON L4B 1C7
    Quote Originally Posted by ambishooter View Post
    Hello Ambishooter,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We appreciate your interest in our Remington Small Pistol Primers. It's completely understandable that the different designations might be confusing if you're more familiar with other brands like Winchester, Federal, CCI, and S&B.

To clarify, the Remington Small Pistol Primers come in two varieties: the 5-1/2 and the 1-1/2. The 5-1/2 primers are considered magnum primers, which means they are designed for use with high-pressure loads, typically used in magnum pistol cartridges.

However, if you're reloading 9mm ammunition, you should opt for the 1-1/2 Small Pistol Primers. These are the appropriate choice for standard 9mm loads.

You can find the Remington 1-1/2 Small Pistol Primers on our website using the following link: [Remington 1-1/2 Small Pistol Primers - Box of 1000](https://www.gotenda.com/product/remi...r-box-of-1000/).

We apologize for any confusion caused, and we're in the process of updating the product title to make it clearer that the 5-1/2 primers are intended for magnum applications.

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best regards,
    Team Tenda
    Join us for the ultimate sports experience!

250 W beaver creek, Unit 10
    Richmond Hill, ON L4B1C7

T:
    905-597-4772
    E: Sales@gotenda.com
    W: Gotenda.com

Follow us on: FACEBOOK | INS | TIKTOK | YOUTUBE

250 W beaver creek, Richmond Hill,ON L4B 1C7
    Quote Originally Posted by bertn View Post
    5 1/2 are small pistol magnum primers. do not use these in 9mm loads but use the 1 1/2.
    True, thank you
    Join us for the ultimate sports experience!

250 W beaver creek, Unit 10
    Richmond Hill, ON L4B1C7

T:
    905-597-4772
    E: Sales@gotenda.com
    W: Gotenda.com

Follow us on: FACEBOOK | INS | TIKTOK | YOUTUBE

All clear now. Thank you for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenda View Post
    Hello Ambishooter,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We appreciate your interest in our Remington Small Pistol Primers. It's completely understandable that the different designations might be confusing if you're more familiar with other brands like Winchester, Federal, CCI, and S&B.

To clarify, the Remington Small Pistol Primers come in two varieties: the 5-1/2 and the 1-1/2. The 5-1/2 primers are considered magnum primers, which means they are designed for use with high-pressure loads, typically used in magnum pistol cartridges.

However, if you're reloading 9mm ammunition, you should opt for the 1-1/2 Small Pistol Primers. These are the appropriate choice for standard 9mm loads.

You can find the Remington 1-1/2 Small Pistol Primers on our website using the following link: [Remington 1-1/2 Small Pistol Primers - Box of 1000](https://www.gotenda.com/product/remi...r-box-of-1000/).

We apologize for any confusion caused, and we're in the process of updating the product title to make it clearer that the 5-1/2 primers are intended for magnum applications.

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best regards,
    Team Tenda

CGN Ultra frequent flyer easyrider604's Avatar

Current SAAMI max pressure is 35K psi for 9mm 40calSW and 357Magnum

Quote Originally Posted by Tenda View Post
    ......To clarify, the Remington Small Pistol Primers come in two varieties: the 5-1/2 and the 1-1/2. The 5-1/2 primers are considered magnum primers, which means they are designed for use with high-pressure loads, typically used in magnum pistol cartridges.

Best regards,
    Team Tenda
    Hi Team Tenda, you say Rem 5 1/2 primers are designed for use in high pressure loads in magnum pistol cartridges. On the other hand, 9mm should use 1 1/2 primers. However reloading charts say maximum SAAMI pressure for both .357 magnum and 9mm and even .40S&W is 35,000 psi. In this case, should we use 1 1/2 or 5 1/2 primers?
    Fave movie quote: “Get off my lawn”!
    The enemy of freedom are those who proclaim only they can uphold it.
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CeeZer's Avatar
    You can use Magnum primers in 9mm just fine, just not with very fast powder.
    There is no greater tyranny than that which is perpetrated under the shield of the law.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Question for Tenda:

- Can I buy the Tenda-branded paper shooting targets on the website? I can't find them. I received some in an order and want to buy more.
    "The stuff comes and goes. Just buy it cheap and stack it deep." - CGN member gushulak on ammo
    "If you're limp wristing you aren't hitting anything anyway so it makes no difference if the gun fails." - CGN member Kidd X on Glocks

not trying to hijack the thread, but anyone know how hard/soft these primers are compared to ginex/campro small pistol? id like to be able to run a lighter mainspring in my shadow but those ginex primers are pretty hard. if these are softer ill definetly order a bunch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast