Thread: JUST ARRIVED - Leupold - BX-4 Range Finding Binoculars

Cool JUST ARRIVED - Leupold - BX-4 Range Finding Binoculars

Leupold - BX-4 Range HD TBR/W 10x42 Shadow Grey - 182883
    When speed is paramount, there’s no substitute for a range-finding binocular. The BX-4 Range HD TBR®/W 10x42mm fuses our DNA® engine and ballistics software with the optical performance diehard hunters and shooters demand. Now you can spot and range targets without wasting valuable seconds switching between gear. Its high-contrast red OLED display delivers visible readouts in any light, and its edge-to-edge clarity makes glassing sessions easy on the eyes. The next time you’re packing for a match or hunt, cut the excess. Take the BX-4 Range HD TBR/W.

This time-saving combo of tech and glass is built around our Elite Optical System. It delivers excellent dawn-to-dusk light transmission for a bright image when it matters most, elite-level glare reduction in harsh light, and the resolution and clarity you can count on in the backcountry. Compare it to other range-finding binoculars in its class, and you’ll see a difference, especially in low light.

But that’s just half of what this optic is all about. Its 10x magnification provides a large field of view for glassing in tight areas while still being powerful enough to make positive IDs from a distance. And when you finally spot your target, one press of the power button will tell you exactly how far to send your rounds. Backed by our Lifetime Optics Guarantee and our Two-Year Electronics Guarantee, the BX-4 Range HD is built for years of performance. READ MORE

Name:  bx-4_range_182883_a-16 (1).jpg
Views: 629
Size:  61.7 KB
    Name:  bx-4_range_182883_p-1.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  102.3 KB
    Name:  bx-4_range_hd_182883_witb.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  77.5 KB
    Tesro Inc
    Site Sponsor
    Located in Ottawa Ontario - Contact us at info@tesro.ca for questions, appointments and order pick-ups
    www.tesro.ca
    facebook/tesroca
    instagram.com/tesrocanada

Tesro Inc
    Site Sponsor
    Located in Ottawa Ontario - Contact us at info@tesro.ca for questions, appointments and order pick-ups
    www.tesro.ca
    facebook/tesroca
    instagram.com/tesrocanada

$2600.00 and only a two year warranty on the electronic part of a Leupold binocular/rangefinder!.......

I don't think so Tim......

I'm actually a Leupold whore myself, but saying a Leupold product only has a 2 year warranty is Ludacris.

I have a Bushnell Rangefinder from 1995 that still works like it did from new. Was $500.00 back then, the only thing I replace is the 9-volt battery every other year. It's 28 years old, gets used every year........

If Leupold only guarantees this unit for two years it is not good.

I think, this is:

#funnyvideos #funnytoddler #funnytiktok #bull#### | Funny Moments Video | TikTok

Last edited by Thunderhog; 10-10-2023 at 01:49 AM.
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

This ^ exactly.

I made the mistake of falling for Leupold's first rangefinding binocular years ago. An indifferent optical system, combined with a flawed electronic system that ate batteries at an alarming rate, all wrapped up in a huge, bulky, unwieldy package. I chalked it up to my own foolishness for jumping on the bandwagon before they got the bugs worked out of the system.

So you'd think this new one would have answered and corrected all those original concerns...right? Except it appears as though Leupold has responded by simply making it more clear this time around that the electronic component of the device has only a two-year warranty. I'm a Leupold fan from way back; I don't think their optics are particularly brilliant in terms of clarity or brightness or resolution...but they are, or at least were, built to last with a warranty to match. With these new binocs, they seem to be saying "Our electronics just won't last".

Optics continue to improve with technology...but the rate at which optical quality is improving is only a tiny fraction of the rate at which electronics are advancing. 20- or 30-year-old top-line binoculars are not as good as brand new ones, but they are still very good and quite usable. But the difference between a 20-year-old rangefinder and a new one is comically exaggerated. Buying a top-of-the-line binocular/rangefinder combo basically means that in 5 or 10 years you will still have amazing optics...but they will be saddled with close-to-obsolete electronics...which Leupold doesn't even think will still be working at all.

Also, they babble about the convenience of having two-in-one devices like this...but nobody mentions that when either one of the devices requires service, either warranty or otherwise...you are left with neither while the work is being done.
    Eat right, don't drink, don't smoke, exercise, get lots of sleep...and die anyway!

If you want to buy it, say "I'll take it".
    If you want to make an offer, say "I'll take it for $X".
    If you want to practice your negotiating skills by asking if I will accept $X, with no intention of actually buying...say nothing.

Bingo!......

Well said John.
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    If the animal is far enough away to make a rangefinder useful, it's likely that the time it takes to range it with a separate unit is not going to be much of a factor.

That said I look forward to the price of binos with built in rangfinders dropping and the quality improving going forward.

Not many optics companies include electronics in their "lifetime" warranties. Vortex is probably the best in that regard.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.