Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PSA: Deals at Tenda: KelTec S2K $680, TNW ASR $721

Quote Originally Posted by alpining View Post
    I have no affiliation with Tenda, but if I was in the market I'd jump on these deals:

KelTec Sub2000 Glock mag, both 9mm and 40S&W are $680. Multi mag 9mm version is $700.

TNW ASR 9mm. Black, ODG or FDE, all $721. This one is today only.
    Well, having the opportunity to shoot all 3, the new M&P unit is leaps and bounds a better platform and much better made than the Keltec and the TNW...considering both are near junk and a complete waste of money, for the extra $400 bucks...M&P is the only way to go for one of these FPC's.

Quote Originally Posted by FatCatsDad View Post
    Blow out prices have me wondering if they have some inside info on what's going prohib.soon
    S2Ks were selling for 950-1200$ new just post OIC as they were still "legal"
    The public gobbled them up, showed stores we were interested in a folding 9mm NR, they probably restocked in large quantities, and once the stock hit shelves, demand was non existent due to pricing.
    They have come back down in cost since, but stores are most likely drowning in inventory, hence the cheaper pricing.

Just my speculation though

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by silver69 View Post
    Well, having the opportunity to shoot all 3, the new M&P unit is leaps and bounds a better platform and much better made than the Keltec and the TNW...considering both are near junk and a complete waste of money, for the extra $400 bucks...M&P is the only way to go for one of these FPC's.
    I'll agree that the fit and finish on the FPC seems better. Only time will tell if it wears well, or if the design is durable or reliable.

I handled the S&W FPC, and I couldn't wait to give it back to the sales guy. They seem like a good option, lots of guys are happy with them so far, but they're really not for everyone.

I own both the KelTec S2K and the TNW ASR, and I strongly prefer both to the FPC. For someone choosing between all the PCC options, it depends on what they want, and what they're willing to put up with. There are a few reasons I won't own a S&W FPC, here's what I can think of off the top of my head: Weird proprietary buttstock, poor safety location, poorly executed bolt release, poorly executed magazine sleeve/spacers, poor options for iron sights, thick at the hinge and the buttstock, awkward and bulky when folded, and the long length of pull (which is not adjustable). It's also quite a bit heavier and larger in every dimension compared to the S2K. Oh, and M&P9 magazines for the FPC can be hard to find and cost about $80 each.

That said, I'm glad the FPC exists and it seems like a good option for a lot of people. If the list of negatives above doesn't bother you, it's certainly a "nicer feeling" folding PCC that doesn't require an aftermarket solution if you want to fold your rifle while keeping an optic mounted.
    Last edited by alpining; 11-06-2023 at 02:31 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by brownbear53 View Post
    S2Ks were selling for 950-1200$ new just post OIC as they were still "legal"
    The public gobbled them up, showed stores we were interested in a folding 9mm NR, they probably restocked in large quantities, and once the stock hit shelves, demand was non existent due to pricing.
    They have come back down in cost since, but stores are most likely drowning in inventory, hence the cheaper pricing.

Just my speculation though
    You're right about the retail price being high then, but I'm not sure how many were actually being sold at that price. These discounted ones could just be old stock that hasn't moved.

Uber Super GunNutz Journeyman.ca's Avatar
    An S2K at the discounted price upgraded with all the Mcarbo parts they make ie the full kit plus the ‘recoiless’ charging handle is a great platform…in 9mm or 40s&w. The S2K stock configuration is serviceable, but has an uncomfortable recoil impulse and is impossible to use with the provided open sights so count on buying a red dot and mount at least. Cheers.
    I support CGN, CSSA (Life), CCFR (Life), Canadian Retailers and Manufacturers. Advocate for your rights in Ottawa and stand against emotional legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by alpining View Post
    I'll agree that the fit and finish on the FPC seems better. Only time will tell if it wears well, or if the design is durable or reliable.

I handled the S&W FPC, and I couldn't wait to give it back to the sales guy. They seem like a good option, lots of guys are happy with them so far, but they're really not for everyone.

I own both the KelTec S2K and the TNW ASR, and I strongly prefer both to the FPC. For someone choosing between all the PCC options, it depends on what they want, and what they're willing to put up with. There are a few reasons I won't own a S&W FPC, here's what I can think of off the top of my head: Weird proprietary buttstock, poor safety location, poorly executed bolt release, poorly executed magazine sleeve/spacers, poor options for iron sights, thick at the hinge and the buttstock, awkward and bulky when folded, and the long length of pull (which is not adjustable). It's also quite a bit heavier and larger in every dimension compared to the S2K. Oh, and M&P9 magazines for the FPC can be hard to find and cost about $80 each.

That said, I'm glad the FPC exists and it seems like a good option for a lot of people. If the list of negatives above doesn't bother you, it's certainly a "nicer feeling" folding PCC that doesn't require an aftermarket solution if you want to fold your rifle while keeping an optic mounted.
    Agree, and to each their own. I have owned both Sub2000 and ASR...I no longer own either for various reasons - some of them due to annoyances, some personality quirks I have with function, some perceived (or real) worksmanship quality issues, etc. I have the FPC and love, love, love it. BUT this is akin to a day out driving on the road looking at what other people drive. For some cars I cannot fathom why ANYONE would buy that make/model or colour, but clearly someone did and they have their reasons, whether it's aesthetics, previous ownership/brand loyalty, functional reasons that are very important to them but not others.

I have been on this earth long enough to realize we are all different in choosing things like guns, cars, and heck, even mates. What works for one may not work for another and the converse is true. Just happy that we have choices, rather than that old Henry Ford (or whoever) said, "you can have that car in any colour you want, as long as it's black"...
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

I wonder if the big discount is due to sub2000 gen 3 as well. Lots of improvements that might make gen 2 less desirable

Quote Originally Posted by Disada View Post
    I wonder if the big discount is due to sub2000 gen 3 as well. Lots of improvements that might make gen 2 less desirable
    Gen 3 folding looks cool and I'd love to try one out, but won't Bill C-21 prevent these from being brought into Canada?
    Or is it only "brand new" firearms, and this being a "new generation" of an older model mean that it still can be brought into Canada?

Gotta love straight forward Canadian firearm laws...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fritzhanzel's Avatar
    Those prices have been around since the beginning of December. Check US prices first, we were just getting hosed before and some dealers still do that. I bought a few of each at the time and flipped them to some unsuspected GP buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Variable81 View Post
    Gen 3 folding looks cool and I'd love to try one out, but won't Bill C-21 prevent these from being brought into Canada?
    Or is it only "brand new" firearms, and this being a "new generation" of an older model mean that it still can be brought into Canada?

Gotta love straight forward Canadian firearm laws...
    I have wondered this too, whether new models mean net-new, rather than a current model being improved (this brings a chuckle remembering someone once mentioning how can something be both "new" and "improved".

We all know the Liberals' end game, so debating between brother this and sister that is probably not the best use of anyone's time given that the Liberals want to destroy the whole family. BUT the saving grace is they are in an exceptionally weak political position and continue to lose political capital on a daily basis. What I don't know is when this whole firearms advisory council (FAC) will actually come to fruition. If the bureaucratic wheels continue to spin at a snail's pace, that may be a respite from them being able to further damage, but these guys don't play by rules of logic and honour so hard to say...which is why I don't care anymore what they say. Just get the guns that you want that are available and enjoy shooting them.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast