Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Sig Sauer Cross Magnum

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theshootist View Post
    A 4 thousand dollar factory produced rifle. How do I justify a price tag like that.
    Start an IT talent agency and get some govt contracts!
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by LexInfidelis View Post
    Better off buying a Tikka and making it look like anything you want and it’ll be more accurate…
    I have a deposit on one of these, but it's been awfully quiet on when they will deliver. In the meantime I've looked at exactly what you're talking about because I'm impatient.

The truth is, getting a stainless Tikka with a threaded muzzle in .300WM ($1,700) mounted into something of a similar weight and design like a MDT HNT26 chassis ($1950), and you're getting well into the high $3,000s. The Cross Magnum is $3850. Add a few more things like a compatible AICS magazine and decent muzzle device and you're basically spending the same money.

Not denying that the Tikka will probably be more accurate out of the box, but to try and build something with off the shelf parts that does the same thing isn't going to be that much cheaper.
    Easy come, easy go...

my own world, pointing people toward their own...Red Deer,AB
    I like mine so far in 308, I already have 4 308's and compete with one so I decided to keep my stuff the same..
    Originally posted by NINE:
    Your "friend" is sheep .......Guns are scary! Whoops, I got some granola in my vagina.

Quote Originally Posted by 9mikemike View Post
    I like mine so far in 308, I already have 4 308's and compete with one so I decided to keep my stuff the same..
    I'm a huge fan of the platform. Have the 6.5 and the .308. Really like the idea of the 300WM in more or less the same livery.
    Easy come, easy go...

CGN Regular
    I picked up the 308 version not long ago from a retailer. Was well under half the $4k mark. Why would the 300WM be double? I don't understand the $4k price tag.
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Diversity is Strength

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123