Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Should we take credit cards?

Yes. Credit cards are amazing for consumer protection (which is already quite lacking in Canada)

Yes definitely as others have mentioned for consumer protections and extended warranty benefits you get with credit cards are a real incentive for consumers to use.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer HeadDamage's Avatar
    Sorry to say but I'm a credit card only for online purchases guy as well.
    Remember remember early December
    Coalition, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why coalition, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

CGN Regular
    I buy everything on credit card as it provides more protection, points, and for me easier to budget because everything goes on the card. I find EMT annoying, but I have done it when needed. I do recognize losing the percentage to the CC companies sucks, so you would have to weigh if it brings in more business or not. For me, when I can buy with CC I always do. Stores that don't offer CC I only shop if I need something they exclusively provide.

I only shop with a credit card for the reasons stated. I would like to become a customer, but your current payment options do not accommodate my needs.
    Mark C

CGN Regular
    If you don’t except credit cards your losing out on a pile of business

Quote Originally Posted by Great North Guns View Post
    Yup that’s about it
    And the buyer has 0 protection from scams, or a dealer not shipping something.
    I use to have a Visa account many years ago, but for a small one man shop , it took really eat into the bottom line, so I dropped it.
    It was quite a bit more then 4%, They really did not want small account holders , I believe.
    At that time ,most people where still using check books.
    I know some add a fee for credit cards , which I have run into with some auction houses.
    A large company , it should just be a cost of doing business.

Another vote for cc

I will add, every time I pay with EMT , it costs me a fee, I pay my snow plow guys that way , if I don't drive down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_C View Post
    I buy everything on credit card as it provides more protection, points, and for me easier to budget because everything goes on the card. I find EMT annoying, but I have done it when needed. I do recognize losing the percentage to the CC companies sucks, so you would have to weigh if it brings in more business or not. For me, when I can buy with CC I always do. Stores that don't offer CC I only shop if I need something they exclusively provide.
    My thoughts exactly. Perhaps undergo a 6 month trial to see if the business gains, out weight the extra 3-4% credit card charge. Thanks for considering CC.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast