Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Should we take credit cards?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Great North Guns View Post
    We’ve been doing fine for 6 years taking only EMT but what does the customer think? Would it make a difference for you if we started to accept credit cards?
    Yes, it will make a positive difference. Paying by EMT is less convenient for a large majority of people. Not to mention the other various incentives that people have to pay with a credit card - All of which help drive CC purchasing. Even for a disciplined credit card spender, the points, cash back, complimentary purchase insurance, and buyer protection when using a credit card make it a no-brainer.

That said, I buy from you through your website despite your payment system - But the deals have to be good enough to overcome the disincentives to paying by EMT.

There is absolutely no question: You will increase your sales numbers if you start accepting credit cards. Whether or not it's worth it to you is the real question.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall View Post
    I will add, every time I pay with EMT , it costs me a fee, I pay my snow plow guys that way , if I don't drive down.
    Then you need to change banks. No one is charging account fees or EMT fees anymore. I got $50 for ya to switch to tangerine.
    Check my post history to see my BRNO Mo. 3 Redux, and a 3D printed M1 Chassis for the Lil' Badger.
    https://julius-jahn.imgbb.com/

Take credit cards with a phone check, if you hear an accent from India or that sounds computer generated .. then require EMT.

Hate to say it, but someone has to say it. There are tons of scammers from India stealing peoples I.D. and card information then picking up their parcel at the post office here in Canada. Except the actual person picking up the parcel is completely undocumented.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlemon View Post
    Take credit cards with a phone check, if you hear an accent from India or that sounds computer generated .. then require EMT.

Hate to say it, but someone has to say it. There are tons of scammers from India stealing peoples I.D. and card information then picking up their parcel at the post office here in Canada. Except the actual person picking up the parcel is completely undocumented.
    No doubt about it
    India is the fraud capital of the world
    I am only responsible for what I say, not for how you misinterpret or misunderstand what I say

Good reading comprehension skill is an important life skill !!

Bank of Nova Scotiabank’s call center was at one time inside a prison in India. Didn’t last long as customers found out that convicts were handling their financial information. I know I would be pretty upset with criminals handling my banking information. So they trained convicts to handle financial information. What can go wrong?
    Smokeless powder is just a passing fad. #1 gun rule,carry one.

Never thought I l would see the word Tangerine here. Tangerine is owned by Bank of Nova Scotia. Been trying to resolve a issue with them for the last 9 months. Won't even accept a letter from my lawyer for verification. They wanted the lawyer's letter to be notarized by another lawyer or notary public. Once resolved, I am never going near Tangerine again or B of NS!!! I am more likely to buy from a business that accepts CC.

Quote Originally Posted by redflagmat View Post
    Yes. All my online purchases are credit only.
    me 2
    EE Ads: $100 insurance will be included on every packaged I ship. Additional insurance is optional for the buyer to purchase

BANNED
    I wouldn't buy anything online other than by CC

CGN Regular
    fud
    Last edited by JayCorbett; 11-19-2023 at 10:03 AM.

Let me know when we can use credit card, i have a pellet gun ro buy...
    Thanks
    Vandoo

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast