Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We're Changing Things at SBI...

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar

Lightbulb We're Changing Things at SBI...

I will stays where I'm at 'til you knows where I'm to
    I am far from business savvy but it sounds like a good thing for you.

I still remain firm that a local pick up option would increase sales even more. The shipping charge for local kills any deals that you offer for me. I understand that your zoning and business permit are restrictive but there must be a way…
    CCFR
    Do it right THIS time, you may not get a NEXT time.
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in English, thank a veteran."

Quote Originally Posted by maifire View Post
    I am far from business savvy but it sounds like a good thing for you.

I still remain firm that a local pick up option would increase sales even more. The shipping charge for local kills any deals that you offer for me. I understand that your zoning and business permit are restrictive but there must be a way…
    I will address now why local pickup was never and will never be offered by us. We're not zoned for it. We don't have any parking. Our road is not meant for heavy traffic. We have no retail facilities. We don't pay staff to be retail workers. We're a machine shop and do not have the ability to have people come into our shop. If we let someone into our shop we have to shut down everything while they're there. People often ask why don't we just meet them somewhere? Well, that costs us way more time and money than sending it by post. So whatever tiny increase in sales we could get from meeting people would actually costs us money. However, with our new model local gun shops in Edmonton can order our products from Big Rock Sports so customers can shop locally without shipping. As well, I will take this opportunity to mention customers will not see a price increase when buying from a dealer.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    I will address now why local pickup was never and will never be offered by us. We're not zoned for it. We don't have any parking. Our road is not meant for heavy traffic. We have no retail facilities. We don't pay staff to be retail workers. We're a machine shop and do not have the ability to have people come into our shop. If we let someone into our shop we have to shut down everything while they're there. People often ask why don't we just meet them somewhere? Well, that costs us way more time and money than sending it by post. So whatever tiny increase in sales we could get from meeting people would actually costs us money. However, with our new model local gun shops in Edmonton can order our products from Big Rock Sports so customers can shop locally without shipping. As well, I will take this opportunity to mention customers will not see a price increase when buying from a dealer.
    Lol so many people think that it's no problem if they just drop by and tour/hang around the shop for a while. Visits like that are ok sometimes, but they're super disruptive. Shops like you don't have time to stop and BS with everyone that just comes in off the street, It really puzzles me that some people don't seem to understand that.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Desjard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    IRG never had issues meeting me in or around Edmonton to deliver the goods. It's absurd to pay shipping to a place that is 40 minutes away.
    Yeah I support PPC
    Pierre Poilievre for Canada.

CGN frequent flyer
    Are there any retailers out at this end of Canada who will carry the full SBI line or does this take some of your products effectively off the market?

Quote Originally Posted by old303 View Post
    Are there any retailers out at this end of Canada who will carry the full SBI line or does this take some of your products effectively off the market?
    Calgary Shooting Center,
    Reliable Gun,
    Canada First Ammo,
    and many others

Are all dealers in Western Canada. I am not sure of their current inventory levels. Any gun shop should be able to order our products now as they are all available through Big Rock Sports.

Of course you can also order from MagDump.ca which is directly linked to our inventory system.

Quote Originally Posted by Desjard View Post
    IRG never had issues meeting me in or around Edmonton to deliver the goods. It's absurd to pay shipping to a place that is 40 minutes away.
    A company that only imports stuff to sell as a retail entity has a different business model and reality than a factory?

I’m utterly shocked….

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Desjard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon_ha View Post
    A company that only imports stuff to sell as a retail entity has a different business model and reality than a factory?

I’m utterly shocked….

SBI sells ammo, which is imported. Other imported items as well. And LOL @ a machine shop being a factory.
    Yeah I support PPC
    Pierre Poilievre for Canada.

Cope harder.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast