Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Mag panic buy situation

"No Grandfather Clause"

What does that mean for antique firearms like the SKS that never came with 5rnd mags? We only got pinned "high capacity" mags, many of which may be easily modified by criminals/idiots. I'm so tired of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppka47 View Post
    Yes!,

I remember vividly going to the post office to get my PAL then heading to cabelas and getting my first rifle, then coming home to see the news about g46 ammendment and learning that this rifle i just bought was about to be banned. It was insane. like WTF
    Our government won’t even take a PAL away from someone that is a threat to society. I wouldn’t be worrying too much.

Don’t forget this
    https://youtu.be/VLbWnJGlyMU?si=BYAphqjtvdS03LnB

There’s a lot more of us than there are of them. Every gun owner needs to have some backbone and not fear this government’s threats, and political posturing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Midnight Rider's Avatar
    Trudeau's government will be going down in flames in a couple of years ; and the CPC will be reversing most of his policies . Regardless of what deals Trudeau makes with the NDP or Bloc to stay in power , in two years he will be history . Stay calm , and soldier on , and support the CPC as they are our ONLY hope at this point .
    " SUPER BIKES RULE.....! " " Speed Costs....How Much Do You Want To Spend ! "

ive owned firearms only for 1 year and very upset with bill c21, although own nothing on OIC. that saying even if they banned bolt action .22 id give it up. have no interest in breaking laws no matter how stupid they are
    For most of my life I have wondered how corrupt and evil governments (ie Nazis) would possibly be able to convince good citizens to blindly obey stupid laws and commit atrocities on their behalf. I now know it’s because the average individual does not want to think for themselves and believe that only government can tell them what right and wrong is. If your manner of thinking is the norm in Ottawa it’s no wonder many of my brothers and sisters in the west want out of this confederation.

pretty careless to encourage people to buy up a bunch of stuff that is on the table to be banned. Canadian firearm owners should be better then this. Wait until we see what happens then buy what is allowed; jeeze. cant complain if you are going to sink to that level
    Do you get a monthly allowance from your wife?
    “When the leaders speak of peace, the common folk know war is coming.”

***!f you're going to use the EE then learn to edit your ads for removal!***

CGN Ultra frequent flyer JACKSMYDOG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    Maybe, but I doubt it.

I’ve been a cop for 18 years and I can only speak to what I would do.
    I'm sure there are some who would not in some situations, but lots would.

Remember the guy who had his SKS completely disassembled on his workbench without a trigger lock and was charged with unsafe storage? Or when they laid charges of unsafe storage on the guy who fired 2 warning shots in the air when a$$holes were fire bombing his house? Or the guy who was charged with unsafe storage after thieves spent 3 days breaking into his vault while he was out of town?

They love to go after PAL holders over BS situations.
    I may be an A$$hole, but at least I'm not a hypocrite.

This sounds like the beginning of the end. Semis, pistols, now magazines. (Surprised they havn't banned .223/5.56 and pistol calibres yet) What worries me here is that by placing magazine limits, they will eventually progress to ban firearms 'designed to take detachable mags' etc until all we are left with is a a neutered 3 shot bolt action that shoots rubber .22's and written permission from a squirrel before using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    So, if someone has the older M-305 10 Rd mags pinned to 5 and 20 Rd AR Magazines pined to 5 what is the ramification. Also, what is the litmus test to see if your magazine is compliant? The 8 second rule in your workshop? I'm trying to understand what exactly is criminal vs non-criminal (compliant). What about my Ruger 10-22? Thanks
    Hey Alfonso,

We have known each other for years. I for one know you are a straight shooter.

The bottom line is ignore all this bullsh1t and enjoy your shooting sport.

Stop worrying about any of this Liberal posturing, it means nothing!......

Go shoot your irons and enjoy.

You may want to take that F@CK Trudeau bumper sticker off your car, Hahahhahahah, just joking.

Take care brother.

John
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Disregard
    Last edited by JeffMan; 12-03-2023 at 01:50 AM.

not offended ; in some ways true

i took the vaccine so i could stay employed and be in the hospital for the birth of my son. government is horrible but i dont place myself to be a victim.

rise above
    You made some tough choices. I would have done the same as you.

Respect.