Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: Mag panic buy situation

Quote Originally Posted by JACKSMYDOG View Post
    They are not only worried about new purchases by criminals, but that we PAL holders are all potential criminals, and one day any of us may suddenly decide to unpin our mags for criminal intent.

If intent to commit an offense with a prohibited item was the basis for charges, then we should be allowed to unpin all of our mags and have full autos because we don't plan to commit crimes with them. As is, the crime is possession of a prohibited item, and the journalist intentionally broke that law, thereby committing a criminal act. I'd wager both my feet that if RCMP happened to walk in your home while you had some unpinned mags on your work bench for cleaning, you would certainly be charged for each of them.
    Exactly. Criminal offense is criminal offense. DUI drivers don't "intend" to mame or kill people. But they do and that's a crime. And yes I can play that card as my life and spine was destroyed by one those "Non criminal intent" criminals.
    ***Terms of all sales***
    -"I'll take it" with payment trumps all dialogue
    - Insurance is Buyers responsibly, so please request

view photos ask your wife BEFORE making offers

Quote Originally Posted by derek2007 View Post
    The other fake ass lie is how they claim to buy these in Facebook marketplace. That's for sure bull#### as my wife's has a seller's account and we can even post a gun case without threat of banning. More liberal pussies and lies as usual.
    a facebook group, not marketplace. the reporter has a PAL.

but yeah, i wouldn't know how they were able to find such a group, and then on top of that, they reportedly were able find a buyer that agreed to sell the SKS without a PAL check. hmm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    There's talk of banning any *firearm* that was originally designed to have a magazine capacity greater than 5. So I wouldn't worry too much about pinned magazines; that's small potatoes. A bit of a red herring.
    ***** FREE THE WEST *****

What is the name of the person who unpinned the magazine and what is their location. They committed a federal offense and should be charged. Also a link to whatever evidence shows them unpinning a magazine and where they turned it into. Those cops should have arrested that person immediately regardless of the circumstance behind committing the offense. That section is very black and white.

If I am not mistaken the whole mag thing happened in Quebec.

The Quebec government treats law abiding firearms owners like "#####" and criminals like "royalties".

As long as the criminals help advance their gun control agenda.

Roy
    Ralph
    Real name Roy, Ralph was my dog.
    Firearms user for 56 years. Owner for 50.
    Proud to say that I have introduced nearly that many new people to the sport. And more on the way. ​+8

CGN Regular
    It just never freaking ends, does it.
    Guys i'll make it really clear for everyone. The average quebecois doesn't like this any more than you do, only the ones who get their opinions from mass media and TV just like everywhere else in the world, but it's especially strong in Quebec because of the language barrier to hearing alternate viewpoints. Quebec has a revolving door system between Politics, Television and Business; so it's all the same group of strivers doing these things in the hopes they'll be rewarded. Quebec is the proving grounds and laboratory where all the woke, globalist, authoritarian stuff gets rolled out first, then to the rest of Canada if not the world, our media class is directly in sync with whatever shadowy cabal you want to imagine, they jump when told. La Presse is notoriously close to the federal Liberals, a very federalist newspaper, it's regarded as their mouthpiece. This journalist didn't just wake up one day with this idea, he got a call from some liberals or NGO and told to do this to grease the wheels. The idea that he could actually be charged for this crime is, i'm sorry, just hilarious to me; it really shows, if unironic, how naive people are regarding the Law with a capital L and how it works. Of course he won't be charged, the ones who write the laws told him to do it! Don't be naive, please.
    All that being said, i need to marry an American. Woman OR man, at this point i don't really care anymore lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by derek2007 View Post
    Exactly. Criminal offense is criminal offense. DUI drivers don't "intend" to mame or kill people. But they do and that's a crime. And yes I can play that card as my life and spine was destroyed by one those "Non criminal intent" criminals.
    I get your point but having an unpinned magazine isn’t analogous to drinking and driving. It’s more analogous to having a drink in your basement workshop.

Drinking and driving kills people, having an unpinned magazine hasn’t killed or hurt anyone.

Please don’t think like THEM.

The solution to drinking and driving isn’t having beer cans blocked at 150ml

Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    In theory I agree with you, but then again I can contemplate another side of this. That is, what this journalist did was prove how ridiculous the law is.

Also, that nobody has kicked his front door down shows that LEO’s are mostly unwilling to enforce silly laws, so long as nobody is hurt, and the intent to commit a violent offense wasn’t present.

Laying a charge on someone for removing a pin from a magazine, for a story, is as silly as charging a person who’s removed a pin to clean his magazine. Without intent to commit an offense, why lay a charge?

Justice is more than a rule book.

Justice is taking in the totality of circumstance.

We need not encourage the RCMP to be mindless borg who lay charge for everything. There are enough of them that do already. Also, there are many that have more life experience and reason then others - the good ones.
    Reasonable take ^^^.

I think many are just pissed (myself included) that he's a liebral and just gets away with it.
    It really is a stupid law though. Anyone not obeying the law would not obey another law. It's just how it is.

It feels like their whole "plan" is to make shooting sports and hunting so full of useless laws that people just give up, due to the headache of complying with so many bs laws.
    Battle of attrition. They will just make so many assinine and useless laws until the person just gives up.. I think this is what they are actually trying to do.
    Last edited by Junction; 12-02-2023 at 02:57 PM. Reason: formatting
    Another wave of propaganda, and a new strain of BULLSHHT!!!

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink! -unknown

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Cocked&Locked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by serg777 View Post
    I'm good with what I have. Why should we buy more apples when those ones we have will rot?
    Freeze or dry a few hundred apples. They won't rot.
    We are annoyed by the assumption on the part of certain public figures that the citizen should be able to prove the need for the citizen to acquire a means of protecting himself. The citizens personal needs are certainly no business of the state. Liberty, when it's in place, grants the right of the citizen to do what he chooses, as long as he does not stamp on the rights of others.
    JEFF COOPER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Cocked&Locked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    What you need to bring in is 5 round mags. So people can keep shooting. Why would anyone buy pinned mags now if we can’t keep them.
    I don't understand. "We" can and will keep them.
    We are annoyed by the assumption on the part of certain public figures that the citizen should be able to prove the need for the citizen to acquire a means of protecting himself. The citizens personal needs are certainly no business of the state. Liberty, when it's in place, grants the right of the citizen to do what he chooses, as long as he does not stamp on the rights of others.
    JEFF COOPER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]