Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Citadel Levtac-92's In Stock!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wasa View Post
    I know the Henry 45 Colt levers can take +P ammo such as Buffalo Bore hunting rounds (I called Henry and was told so). When I read the Citadel manual, it says no +P. Has anyone contacted Citadel to ask if this can handle the higher pressures? Not necessary T/C or Ruger 1 levels, but Winchester 94 pressure levels (as per my reloading manuals.... ignoring the fact that the Citadel manual says no reloaded ammo).

Buffalo Bore says this about their 45 Colt +P Deer Grenade "All 1892 Winchesters and all copies of such made after 1920. These loads are safe in all modern Model 1892 lever guns as well as all Winchester & Marlin 1894's"

www.buffalo bore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=335 (remove the space between buffalo and bore)
    When a previous dealer was bringing these in they said they were made in Brazil and basically a rebranded Rossi.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by FEDGE2.0 View Post
    No name levers selling for $1200. I wish I was dreaming lol
    They're Rossi 92s, made "tactical". Both made in Brazil, probably in the same factory.
    Last edited by tranman; 12-11-2023 at 07:35 PM.

Doing that to lever is like tacticooling an SKS. Goes against the laws of nature.
    Diversity is social poison.

somewhere in between Saskatchewan and Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyguy View Post
    Doing that to lever is like tacticooling an SKS. Goes against the laws of nature.
    or you can adapt to the year 2023....
    DISCLAIMER

- First “I’ll take it” wins regardless of what dialogue is occurring
    - payment required within 12 HRS unless agreed upon prior
    - all sales on the EE are final so i ask questions before buying
    - all items sold come with 100$ insurance.

somewhere in between Saskatchewan and Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by FEDGE2.0 View Post
    No name levers selling for $1200. I wish I was dreaming lol
    These are Rossi 92's. And at 1200$, they will sell out within 10 days just like the last dealer did.
    DISCLAIMER

- First “I’ll take it” wins regardless of what dialogue is occurring
    - payment required within 12 HRS unless agreed upon prior
    - all sales on the EE are final so i ask questions before buying
    - all items sold come with 100$ insurance.

Only one left I was told..... I have the 357 Mag version and I really like it. Did a bunch of shooting at 25 and 100 yards with 357 Mag as well as 38 Special +P. Fed them all fine.
    From south-south-south-west-west-west-south-south-south-south-west Ontario. Go as far southwest as you can go.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wh1 View Post
    These are Rossi 92's. And at 1200$, they will sell out within 10 days just like the last dealer did.
    last dealer was selling them for 999$ (citadel store had them for 699$ USD then, and still do now which is 930$ cad.) .. citadel store also has the .410 prices same as all other calibres.. so I'm curious where the additional 150$ mark up comes from, since the citadel store hasn't changes their price (asking for a friend).

https://citadelfirearmstore.com/shop/

at 999$ it hard to say no, at 1200 ish... a marlin dark is a better looking and quality firearm (which is also available at Canada's gun store, and more reasonably priced at US$ MSRP ) .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Horilka's Avatar
    Where do you see Marlin Dark at reasonable price? And how much it would cost to get to the same level of accessories Rossi/Citadel comes with?
    CSSA CPC
    ===
    “Military theory does not account for regular dudes with track pants and hunting rifles” - General Valeriy Zaluzhny

Quote Originally Posted by Horilka View Post
    Where do you see Marlin Dark at reasonable price? And how much it would cost to get to the same level of accessories Rossi/Citadel comes with?
    Reasonable as in Manufacturers retail price says 1800 cad, and dealer is selling it for 1800 cad. Not something the manufacturer is selling it for says is 930$ , but the dealer is asking 1150 . But people are willing to pay the extra 2 bills. so what ever . at that point I personally would rather pay a bit more and get the new marlin dark. Comes better equipped than the levtac 92, better build, better looks, better stock at around 1800$ , buy once cry once.

see yourself.
    https://www.marlinfirearms.com/s/model_70901/
    Last edited by heatseeker; 12-17-2023 at 03:12 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Horilka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heatseeker View Post
    Reasonable as in Manufacturers retail price says 1800 cad, and dealer is selling it for 1800 cad. Not something the manufacturer is selling it for says is 930$ , but the dealer is asking 1150 . But people are willing to pay the extra 2 bills. so what ever . at that point I personally would rather pay a bit more and get the new marlin dark. Comes better equipped than the levtac 92, better build, better looks, better stock at around 1800$ , buy once cry once.

see yourself.
    https://www.canadasgunstore.ca/produ...ies-45-70.html
    Well, I don't think it's comparable. It's out of stock, BTW, so price could be outdated.
    I would agree that overall quality in general is better with Marlin. However, if you buy "tacticool" pistol caliber lever, then it would make more sense to have a polymer stock (Citadel/Rossi) and not a wood stock (Marlin). It also would be nice to have mlock HG and that is the case with Rossi, but not the case with Marlin. If you upgrade your Marlin with this stuff, then you're looking into another what, $400-800 cost? See "upgraded builds" on the EE and GP. Then you have 92 action vs 94 action. I personally like 94 more and it gives better sight radius. This is the point where everyone weights cost vs quality. BTW, I don't think it's correct to compare US MSRP and Canadian retail prices.
    CSSA CPC
    ===
    “Military theory does not account for regular dudes with track pants and hunting rifles” - General Valeriy Zaluzhny

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast