Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 810111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Bill C-21 Passed in Senate - What now?

Not to mention, it's been proven time and again that this sitting government simply does not represent the will of the people. If democracy is based upon consensus, then where does that currently leave us? What does it mean when the vote of one Canadian is worth more than another's due to the province/riding they vote and reside in? It's abundantly clear that this system is flawed and many have lost confidence in it, and have every right to.

Name:  IMG_20231218_134610_704.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  91.1 KB
    "We need them for those low entry jobs."

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck44 View Post
    What utter nonsense. There is no truth in any of this. Spout all you want about this delusional rhetoric there is to support your position in any democracy on the planet. Democracies are set up.under the rules agreed to by their populations via their elected representative called laws.
    We get out of this mess by using our vote. No other way.

Merry Christmas

Bob
    Yea man, we just need to vote harder haha. We're past being able to vote ourselves out of the problems this country faces.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BlackVoid's Avatar
    I came to this thread to read about C-21 and it again came down to how we fix Canada.

There is no fixing. It's done and gone. Whatever they are creating in its place is starting to resemble a dystopian fascist hellhole (alliance of corporations and bureaucracy to suppress the freedom of individual citizens for the benefit of governing elites).

I see people are griping about immigration. The system that worked just fine for 30 years is now being replaced by "students". You can argue about reasons, IMO they need younger people, in their 20s, not 30s or 40s to flip the age pyramid back.

Two millions per annum of "south asian students" who are filling all minimum wage jobs across the country is not a sign of malicious "replacement" by libs. It's just elites need more wage slaves to prop the ponzi scheme of "free healthcare and fair pensions".

So, in the end, for now at least... What's the immediate impact of Bill C-21?

All semis are banned?

Only the sale of new ones is banned? And what is in-country remains legal? Or like pistols, what you have you keep and that's all?

What's affected by C-21? This has also been blurred over the multiple discussions and/or iterations, potential amendments that did/didn't get added.

Getting back on track to the thread subject might be an interesting idea as well.

Thanks!

DanO

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Midnight Rider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DanOnymus View Post
    So, in the end, for now at least... What's the immediate impact of Bill C-21?

All semis are banned?

Only the sale of new ones is banned? And what is in-country remains legal? Or like pistols, what you have you keep and that's all?

What's affected by C-21? This has also been blurred over the multiple discussions and/or iterations, potential amendments that did/didn't get added.

Getting back on track to the thread subject might be an interesting idea as well.

Thanks!

DanO
    Good point , I was thinking the same myself . How does C-21 affect the long guns that were banned under Trudeau's previous OIC , and have any more long guns been added to the list of prohibited under C-21 . Are pinned mags going to be grandfathered in , or will these mags now become prohibited for possession and use ?
    " SUPER BIKES RULE.....! " " Speed Costs....How Much Do You Want To Spend ! "

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmineee View Post
    I'm always amused by the people that go into the anti-immigrant ramble. If they actually stopped for one second and thought about it, probably 99% of them had Grand Parents or Great Grand Parents that .....wait for it..... were immigrants! My now deceased Grand Parents, both immigrants, same with every single person I know. They seem to forget just because they were born in Canada and their Parents and Grand Parents were born in Canada somewhere down their family tree they have the DNA of immigrants. That being said we need controlled immigration, you can't just open the flood gates, it puts way too much strain on the system.
    Finally someone in this thread that understands a little bit of reality, lol. Kind of right up there with racists that happen to do a DNA test and find out they actually hate themselves, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    So says the RCMP troll that joined in 2013, has one transaction, but lots of verbal diarrhea to spew from his masters.

If correct, you are a shame to all Albertans my friend.

Join Martha Stewart's Better Home & Gardens social media. Should be more up your alley.
    I just joined to piss you off

I wonder how many of the commenters here will be retracting their statements regarding democratic election come 2026 when Pierre is elected; and how many will be disappointed that many of the policies and laws brought in by LPC are not reversed in the years after.

And yeah, Martha Stewart is awesome!

https://gunsmagazine.com/april-foole...ammo-shortage/

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Rider View Post
    Good point , I was thinking the same myself . How does C-21 affect the long guns that were banned under Trudeau's previous OIC , and have any more long guns been added to the list of prohibited under C-21 . Are pinned mags going to be grandfathered in , or will these mags now become prohibited for possession and use ?
    You guys seriously need to educate yourselves. Read the legislation and you will understand what it states. Unfortunately, much of the "meat" regarding the specific application of C21's components and other announced initiatives (eg. mags), is currently missing and likely won't be announced in the amplifying Regulations until shortly before they come into force.

All future designs of semi-auto, centerfire long-gun capable of accepting a detachable mag holding more than 6 rounds, will be prohibited and will never come to market. In other words, a "freeze" on all semi-auto long gun design in Canada as well as any new designs originating out of the US or Europe.

All current designs of semi-auto, centerfire long-gun capable of accepting a detachable mag holding more than 6 rounds, that are not already Prohibited by name under the May 2020 OIC, or subsequently Prohibited by the RCMP in the FRT, remain legal to purchase, own and use. Most semi-auto, centerfire rifles and carbines with detachable mags that are currently still legal will most likely become Prohibited in the next few months. The Lieberal plan is to reconstitute the Canadian Firearms Advisory Council, stack it again with anti-gun zealots and have them recommend which of the remaining semi-auto, centerfire long-guns should be banned by OIC. The Lieberal government will then pass such an OIC, happily blaming the CFAC for the decision to ban the SKS and other currently legal designs.

The magazine "ban" will come into force through Regulation. The intent of the Lieberals, as I understand it, is to make any pinned/riveted mag with a capacity over 5 rounds illegal. If a specific 5-rounds-only mag is available for a firearm (like STANAG/AR15 mags), then you are expected to use only those and ditch all of your pinned mags at your own expense as being caught with them will result in a criminal charge (possession of a prohibited device). Mags must be capable of holding only 5 rounds and must be impossible to alter to hold more rounds. This throws into question what everyone is supposed to do in the event that there is not manufactured 5-round mag for their particular firearm? Presumably you could put an internal block inside an over-capacity steel or aluminum mag and have the Baseplate welded onto the Mag Body so that disassembly is impossible without a grinder, but even that is not certain to meet the legal standard, whatever that is. What about PMags? Can the Follower be blocked to 5 rounds and then epoxy the Baseplate to the Body of the mag? Will that be sufficient? Nobody knows.... and the Regulations likely won't make much clear, resulting in many questions. This change to the law could make many owners with lots of mags into criminals if it doesn't provide details in a timely manner and provide enough time for owners to have their legacy magazines adapted to the new standard. There will be no "grandfathering" of currently-riveted mags. They will have to be adapted to the new standards (whatever those are), or destroyed at the owner's expense.

There is a ton of other stuff in C21 relating to the beefed up Yellow and Red Flag laws. Basically, they are now saying that if you have ever been involved in a Domestic Dispute, your PAL/RPAL is in serious jeopardy - presumably when it comes time to renew, if not beforehand. Ever had a Peace Bond? Prepare to sell off your guns, as you are likely going to lose your PAL under the new rules for Intimate Partner Violence (IPV). And on and on it goes.

Are you on record, on-llne, opposing Justin Trudeau or the Lieberal Party of Kanada? Wait for it, as the future does not bode well for dissenters....
    Mark C

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnu69 View Post
    Finally someone in this thread that understands a little bit of reality, lol. Kind of right up there with racists that happen to do a DNA test and find out they actually hate themselves, lol.
    Except for me. My family tree is traced back to the same location I currently live. Long before Canada ever existed. The Jesuit priests wrote about my ancestors in the late 1600s at first European contact.