Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frosty

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    10/22 or Tuf22
    Thanks
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

Good. Any new rifle can put a whole magazine in a dime size dot at whatever range you want if it’s clamped in a vise with no wind and you’re using the most expensive ammo available. Asking for accuracy guarantees is like walking into a Ferrari dealership and asking if they will guarantee that it’s faster that a corvette and the salesman telling you it could be but that depends on the driver. How can you guarantee accuracy knowing most people are using bulk ammo shooting off hand?

Quote Originally Posted by Ungrateful View Post
    Good. Any new rifle can put a whole magazine in a dime size dot at whatever range you want if it’s clamped in a vise with no wind and you’re using the most expensive ammo available. Asking for accuracy guarantees is like walking into a Ferrari dealership and asking if they will guarantee that it’s faster that a corvette and the salesman telling you it could be but that depends on the driver. How can you guarantee accuracy knowing most people are using bulk ammo shooting off hand?
    Because, at some point, top end performance still relies on quality of the rifling, chamber, and crown. I think everyone with a brain understands these don't shoot out laser beams and it relies on the user. Tika says submoa but only with their brand of ammo.
    Check my post history to see my BRNO Mo. 3 Redux, and a 3D printed M1 Chassis for the Lil' Badger.
    https://julius-jahn.imgbb.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jahnj0584 View Post
    Because, at some point, top end performance still relies on quality of the rifling, chamber, and crown. I think everyone with a brain understands these don't shoot out laser beams and it relies on the user. Tika says submoa but only with their brand of ammo.
    Agreed them saying it relies on the shooter is such a cop out.

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahnj0584 View Post
    No, not everyone understands that these don't shoot laser beams unfortunately. If we put "Shoots sub 1 MOA" on the box, and someone doesn't achieve that for whatever reason not related to the rifle, they still blame the rifle and us. We have had this exact issue with our chassis. People have thrown junk parts into our chassis and complained it didn't fix all of their problems, because you're right top end performance does rely on quality parts. Us saying accuracy depends on you and your ammo means, the rifle is made from quality parts and is as capable as you. It will shoot sub MOA if you can shoot sub MOA.

Of course this is a dammed if you do, dammed if you don't thing... Some people complain if there is a number, other complain if we say the number depends on you.
    Last edited by SpectreBallistics; 01-08-2024 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    Our rifles have the ability to be extremely accurate, however we do not publish any sort of accuracy guarantees. There are a few problems with saying a rifle is sub MOA. Firstly, what does that even mean? Sub MOA 3 shot groups are meaningless (that's what most manufacturers use), so a lot of sub MOA guarantees are just BS. Secondly, if we say our rifles are all sub MOA it's almost certain someone will go shoot a bunch of thunderbolt and throw a big stink about it not being sub MOA. Thirdly, the human factor is important. You or I may be good shots, but not everyone is. To shoot sub MOA you need the skills to do it.

So, I can assure you our rifles are accurate, and it's entirely up to you and your ammo to achieve the results you want.

Here's a group I shot earlier this season with one of our guns:

This was 50m with Eley contact. I was getting a zero for CRPS.
    Thank you Sir - I appreciated.
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12