Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: BRAND NEW!!! KAHLES K328i 3.5-28x50 Riflescope

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    I’m switching to mils as instructors for precision rifle teach in mils.

We are hoping to get a 2,000 meter range going in my neck of the woods, so there are plans for lots of classes.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

Order for the 328i DLR placed. Never dealt with Shooting Warehouse before but will definitely be on my go to list. The service is just at a completely different level. Strongly suggest giving this guy a try if you haven’t used him before! Robbie is The Man

Business Member Shooting Warehouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstud View Post
    Order for the 328i DLR placed. Never dealt with Shooting Warehouse before but will definitely be on my go to list. The service is just at a completely different level. Strongly suggest giving this guy a try if you haven’t used him before! Robbie is The Man
    Thank you SO much for your support Longstud, and also for the extremely kind words. I really appreciate it!!

Kind regards

Robbie

Robbie Stewart | Shooting Warehouse
    Email: robert@shootingwarehouse.com
    Tel: 403-430-1166

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Regarding the field of view versus zoom question, I think one strong way to convince people of the exemplary field of view in these is to show photos and specify MRAD from edge to edge in the reticle.

For instance, my scope at 25x is something like 12mrad (from memory) from edge to edge. Presumably if the "zoom" value is true (whatever that means, and however a person would quantify it remains to be discerned), then this scope at 25x would have a larger angle from edge to edge, as measured by the reticle.
    "The stuff comes and goes. Just buy it cheap and stack it deep." - CGN member gushulak on ammo
    "If you're limp wristing you aren't hitting anything anyway so it makes no difference if the gun fails." - CGN member Kidd X on Glocks

Quote Originally Posted by adamg View Post
    Regarding the field of view versus zoom question, I think one strong way to convince people of the exemplary field of view in these is to show photos and specify MRAD from edge to edge in the reticle.

For instance, my scope at 25x is something like 12mrad (from memory) from edge to edge. Presumably if the "zoom" value is true (whatever that means, and however a person would quantify it remains to be discerned), then this scope at 25x would have a larger angle from edge to edge, as measured by the reticle.
    Thanks adamg

Just for interest to those wondering - on the normal K525i, you get just UNDER 7 MILS of usable reticle at 25x mag. On the K525i DLR with it's enlarged field of view, you get just UNDER 8 MILS of usable reticle at 25x Mag, and on the new K328i (both the normal and the DLR version), you get just OVER 10 MILS of usable reticle at 28x mag - so a massive increase in field of view.

The picture below illustrates it well.

I hope this helps some people with more insight as to the field of view.

Name:  K328i-Sehfeldvergleich_Tafeln_RGB.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  55.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Shooting Warehouse View Post
    Thanks adamg

Just for interest to those wondering - on the normal K525i, you get just UNDER 7 MILS of usable reticle at 25x mag. On the K525i DLR with it's enlarged field of view, you get just UNDER 8 MILS of usable reticle at 25x Mag, and on the new K328i (both the normal and the DLR version), you get just OVER 10 MILS of usable reticle at 28x mag - so a massive increase in field of view.

The picture below illustrates it well.

I hope this helps some people with more insight as to the field of view.

Name:  K328i-Sehfeldvergleich_Tafeln_RGB.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  55.3 KB
    Great info/representation. Any idea what it would be on 18x?

Quote Originally Posted by Firas View Post
    Great info/representation. Any idea what it would be on 18x?
    Unfortunately no, as I didn't take photos of the reticle at various magnification settings at Shot Show, and they are only shipping them in late March. BUT, happy to bet it will beat ANY scope on the market wrt field of view at ANY mag setting, by a massive margin!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345