Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Am I missing something, or just a sucker?

the lesson learned is check around for pricing befire you buy, sadly we all get caught a few times with purchases, if indeed they give any refund good on them
    You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something. --Stephen Adams

'Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason.' --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Deathrawt View Post
    You have to be careful when looking at stuff on Amazon and e bay as there are knockoff brands pretending to be legit ones
    I would compare prices with another gun store like prophet, Tenda, bullseye, etc before speculating that Epps may have overcharged on the scope
    Just my 2 cents
    Yeah, this is true. I had it same price in cabella's as well

Thanks everyone for your advice / messages.

In the end I did finally get ahold of someone and they had agreed with the owner to refund me the difference of the sale price to what I paid.

I'm pretty happy with that. It was a cheaper scope than I meant to buy, but in the end I think it shot just fine so I saved money.

That's essentially the local shop style customer service type of thing that you hope to see at these independently owned shops. I know a lot of folks have issue with Epps on the buyback thing but that's not really related to my issue here and I just wanted to make sure to update this thread that they did in fact refund me.

Also worth mentioning that the person I spoke with said that there was some error in the pricing of the scope, so it was a mistake not some intentional price gouging or anything. Refunding / price matching to the sale price (not vs MSRP) is really as much as anyone could ask for. By the sounds of it the owner needed to sign off on the refund, which was where the delays came from.

Thanks again folks

CGN Regular
    Nah. They just hoped you would give up after the 2 calls.
    Www.nobaddeh.ca
    Ted Was Right.

Your not the first to spend too much on something in a shop in person ona something you like. We find good deals and bad deals hopefully the next one is good, things will balance out some day.
    “Don’t sell your guns, they just turn into money and disappear.”
    - An actual quote from my loving wife -

nbd is right. Shady business practices rely on frustration and 'Canadian Acceptance' of "KY-service" (KY lube, Not the State )

CGN Regular
    Yet another giant price increase on Brownings by Epps, the A5 I was looking at jumped by about $300…and this is on a gun that’s been sitting on his shelf a year or so, done buying new from that place

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123