Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: CGN is supporting scammers ? Italian Sporting Goods

call your CC company

CGN frequent flyer
    Something sounds amiss with the transaction, and the OP is right to be cautious re: the EMT. I was thinking that perhaps they messed up on the calculation and intended the EMT purchase to be less ~3% vs. the credit card, but got it the other way around.

In any case, as everyone else said, it was a holiday weekend so give them a call today to sort out it. Whether it's real or implied, I'd also cut out the dramatic/accusatory attitude demonstrated by the title of the thread and go into the conversation with an open mind.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    ya Italian has a really solid reputation so I wouldn't be concerned with it being a scam
    Take a deep breath, call them today and get it straightened out
    I've had online purchases over 2K get flagged before , a call to the CC company and that gets straightened out right away.
    You don't have to tell them it;s for a firearm..... when they asked about the purchase I told them it was sporting goods.

The OP is ridiculous, but seeing is coming from that #### hole QC I am not surprised. Placing an order on a Friday, before the long weekend then expecting to receive replies immediately, even during the long weekend is ridiculous. Calling a legitimate business "scammers" on a public forum is ridiculous. I can see the OP wringing his hands all weekend long in despair. Really awful customer, nothing worse than a childish customer.

The least the OP needs to do immediately is to change the title of the thread and remove "scammers" label. Or shall we call it libel?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by naktabar72 View Post
    I placed an order online to ItalianSportinggoods Friday the 16th Feb for the amount of $ 2614.84.
    they took the money of my credit card.
    Later that day, i received an email from IGS: Transaction receipt and approved.
    few hour later, another email from ( Adam )
    saying: supposedly the transaction was flaggeg and I need to send 2709.34 by EMT to mailto:victor@italiansportinggoods.com.
    i replied, you already took $ 2615 on my credit card
    and now over that you want me to EMT 2710$ to mailto:victor@italiansportinggoods.com

I sent them few emails to refund me, but to this day. they ghosted me.
    no reply at all and my $ 2615 is not back.
    This is an absolute clown post... They've been closed. Did you even bother trying to pick up the phone to get clarification on the situation before assuming someone is a criminal?

Get lost. This community doesn't need people like you in it.
    The poster previously known as BooSSted

Ever think your CC flagged it as suspicious. I would call your company before calling someone a scammer.

Also its was the long weekend.

If you want your money and need it now. Call JD Wentworth. 877 Cash now.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by naktabar72 View Post
    I placed an order online to ItalianSportinggoods Friday the 16th Feb for the amount of $ 2614.84.
    they took the money of my credit card.
    Later that day, i received an email from IGS: Transaction receipt and approved.
    few hour later, another email from ( Adam )
    saying: supposedly the transaction was flaggeg and I need to send 2709.34 by EMT to mailto:victor@italiansportinggoods.com.
    i replied, you already took $ 2615 on my credit card
    and now over that you want me to EMT 2710$ to mailto:victor@italiansportinggoods.com

I sent them few emails to refund me, but to this day. they ghosted me.
    no reply at all and my $ 2615 is not back.
    Use the damn phone.

Laughable. Posted on the first morning after a long weekend. You haven’t even bothered to call and find out what the problem is but come on here and complain.
    Pickup the FN phone and call them.
    Smokeless powder is just a passing fad. #1 gun rule,carry one.

...do people really have these sorts of issues and NOT simply call?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    Flagged means the transaction is pending but not approved. It could be due to the distance from you to them.
    Call the card phone number on the back of your credit card and get it straightened out.
    Look at your statement online and see if it is pending/flagged. They are not scamming you.
    Yep, thats what am thinking, pending tx, it will get refunded to his account in a few days.
    Mathieu

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast