Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: CGN is supporting scammers ? Italian Sporting Goods

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rajczak_kashka's Avatar
    I’ve never had any issues dealing with them. Definitely not scammers.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Moved to CGN Sponsor's subforum.
    The OP started this in the General Forum.
    It has been moved to the Business' forum.
    The Sponsor's forum is not a discussion forum. The recent drivel has been recycled.
    The Business or the OP may respond.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jjohnwm View Post
    Thanks for the reminder; it's been a long time and I sometimes forget how much of a PITA dealing with some customers can be.
    CC gets declined and they start screaming "They're scamming me"

While the store employee asks for EMT or else they won't hold the gun.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by naktabar72 View Post
    I placed an order online to ItalianSportinggoods Friday the 16th Feb for the amount of $ 2614.84.
    they took the money of my credit card.
    Later that day, i received an email from IGS: Transaction receipt and approved.
    few hour later, another email from ( Adam )
    saying: supposedly the transaction was flaggeg and I need to send 2709.34 by EMT to mailto:victor@italiansportinggoods.com.
    i replied, you already took $ 2615 on my credit card
    and now over that you want me to EMT 2710$ to mailto:victor@italiansportinggoods.com

I sent them few emails to refund me, but to this day. they ghosted me.
    no reply at all and my $ 2615 is not back.
    You seriously made this post calling them scammers after 4 days and over a weekend and a holiday?
    Your ridiculous

Business Member Shooting Warehouse's Avatar
    As a dealer, I can maybe shed some light - and it won't be exactly the same for all dealers, but in general it's the same.

Customer places an order online, and the card processor processes the card, and in most cases, it passes all the fraud checks and balances, but sometimes things get hung-up... examples of possible "fraudulent behaviour issues" are:
    - Billing address of credit card doesn't match the billing address used when placing the order
    - Billing address of the card (which is the one on file at the bank) doesn't match the shipping address
    - Customer used a VPN when he placed the order, so the IP address location isn't "close to" the shipping address
    - Characteristics of the specific order are similar to fraudulent orders observed in the past
    - Card CVV value is incorrect
    - Postal Code used in shipping address doesn't match postal code on file at the bank 100%
    - Payment attempted with more than 1 credit card (when you try several cards)
    - More than one payment attempt made
    - Shipping address is not "close" to IP address (especially when using a VPN)
    - Using "web proxy" flags a transaction (IP address masked)

ANY or all of the above triggers the card processor to inform the dealer that the risk of fraud is "high". Sometimes the card processor will flat out decline the transaction, or, it will leave it to the dealer to decide whether to ship the item or have a possible fraud "risk".

Quebec unfortunately is mostly the Province that "triggers" these fraud alerts, mainly due to high volumes of card fraud stemming from QC, and in most cases, Laval. Unfortunately, there are some GREAT folk in QC and I have tons of AWESOME customers that live in QC, but when it's a new customer and you get a "high risk of fraud" FLAG from the card processor, I (as a dealer) get a bit nervous.

If you ship the product and there WAS fraud, you lose the product and 99.9999% of the time, the bank reverses the charge and refunds the REAL customer, leaving the dealer with NO money and NO product.

This happened to me in May 2022 - see the thread I posted about it.

And customers get crazy upset when I get this "flag", and call them and ask to see their drivers license to verify their name and address... And they get annoyed when asking for an EMT payment - but we sit with the "damage" if we ship and the transaction gets a chargeback from the bank.

Anyway, just wanted to shed some light so some folk have a better understanding of how the background "checks" on card transactions work.

Using a VPN when ordering online is a SURE way of getting the transaction declined or "flagged" for possible risk of fraud.

Cheers

Robbie

Robbie Stewart | Shooting Warehouse
    Email: robert@shootingwarehouse.com
    Tel: 403-430-1166

^^^great post^^^ thank you

Yes, thanks, Robbie, for providing us with insights into how transactions are processed. You've included a lot of detail that I didn't know about.
    Last edited by South Pender; 02-22-2024 at 10:59 PM.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell

Pump the brakes OP, lol..slow down!! I honestly doubt that Italian is scamming you, as has already been said we just had a long weekend. Take a big deep breath, call the store and i bet the whole thing will get sorted out in one phone call. I have dealt with Italian before, never an issue, spent lots of money there in the past decade.
    Liberal party of Canada- Useless since 1867

Quote Originally Posted by docryan61 View Post
    you blame a whole province because of one person post is ridiculous,or sould we call it racist.
    RACIST!! Lmao, I think most people who call others “nazis” or “racist” probably don’t even understand the meaning of the word.
    Hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Shooting Warehouse View Post
    As a dealer, I can maybe shed some light - and it won't be exactly the same for all dealers, but in general it's the same.

Customer places an order online, and the card processor processes the card, and in most cases, it passes all the fraud checks and balances, but sometimes things get hung-up... examples of possible "fraudulent behaviour issues" are:
    - Billing address of credit card doesn't match the billing address used when placing the order
    - Billing address of the card (which is the one on file at the bank) doesn't match the shipping address
    - Customer used a VPN when he placed the order, so the IP address location isn't "close to" the shipping address
    - Characteristics of the specific order are similar to fraudulent orders observed in the past
    - Postal Code used in shipping address doesn't match postal code on file at the bank 100%

ANY or all of the above triggers the card processor to inform the dealer that the risk of fraud is "high". Sometimes the card processor will flat out decline the transaction, or, it will leave it to the dealer to decide whether to ship the item or have a possible fraud "risk".

Quebec unfortunately is mostly the Province that "triggers" these fraud alerts, mainly due to high volumes of card fraud stemming from QC, and in most cases, Laval. Unfortunately, there are some GREAT folk in QC and I have tons of AWESOME customers that live in QC, but when it's a new customer and you get a "high risk of fraud" FLAG from the card processor, I (as a dealer) get a bit nervous.

If you ship the product and there WAS fraud, you lose the product and 99.9999% of the time, the bank reverses the charge and refunds the REAL customer, leaving the dealer with NO money and NO product.

And customers get crazy upset when I get this "flag", and call them and ask to see their drivers license to verify their name and address... And they get annoyed when asking for an EMT payment - but we sit with the "damage" if we ship and the transaction gets a chargeback from the bank.

Anyway, just wanted to shed some light so some folk have a better understanding of how the background "checks" on card transactions work.

Using a VPN when ordering online is a SURE way of getting the transaction declined or "flagged" for possible risk of fraud.

Cheers

Robbie

Thanks for the info! I didn’t even think about the VPN issue!
    Everything I post is strictly my opinion.
    Don’t watch me while I’m doin stuff.
    You can vote your way into communism, but you’ll have to shoot your way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooting Warehouse View Post

Cheers

Robbie
    Thanks for sharing your experience, I use a VPN quite a bit and never realized it could cause issues
    Collector of WW2 German firearms