Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mossberg Barrel Flash Sale!

Quote Originally Posted by Castle1 View Post
    Please let me know why you are asking for photo copies of PALs and DLs when a purchase are made?

Also, do you get rid of them after the sale and if not why?
    From the C-21 info page:

Requires a person to present a valid firearms licence to import ammunition for firearms, and to acquire and import firearm parts (i.e., barrel for a firearm, slide for a handgun) and cartridge magazines.

Thanks Frontier, with my stock 18.5" it feels like I have two shotguns for the price of one now!

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    The legally need to for a firearm purchase... If its not a firearm you're looking to buy I'm sure they have a workaround.

I can't imagine any dealer is going to answer your second question with a No, admitting to keeping digital copies of PALs and DLs is a real good way to get blacklisted by the community...
    Ok...thanks for the info. It was for a gun I just bought from them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rankuwa View Post
    From the C-21 info page:

Requires a person to present a valid firearms licence to import ammunition for firearms, and to acquire and import firearm parts (i.e., barrel for a firearm, slide for a handgun) and cartridge magazines.

Thanks Frontier, with my stock 18.5" it feels like I have two shotguns for the price of one now!
    The section of C21 that deals with firearms parts (barrel, slide, other prescribed parts) is not in force, it needs an OIC to bring it into force. It also wouldn't require a DL if it was in force, just a PAL.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle1 View Post
    Ok...thanks for the info. It was for a gun I just bought from them.
    It is part of the NR transfer stuff they brought into force in May 2022. If you can't compare a PAL to the persons face, the person needs to provide a 2nd piece of photo ID that can be used for the comparison. The legislation that it comes from is the former bill c71 from like 2019.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    what length tube is this meant for?
    These barrels fit any 12-Gauge Mossberg 500 or Maverick 88 with a 5+1 capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    These barrels fit any 12-Gauge Mossberg 500 or Maverick 88 with a 5+1 capacity.
    I had a feeling. I've got the long security tube.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    I had a feeling. I've got the long security tube.
    The magazine tubes are removable and swappable.
    They can be used on Mossberg 590 receivers too.

https://www.brownells.com/gun-parts/...ne-tube-5-rds/

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    The magazine tubes are removable and swappable.
    They can be used on Mossberg 590 receivers too.

https://www.brownells.com/gun-parts/...ne-tube-5-rds/
    Definitely, but we're getting dangerously close to a new 88 price. May as well just get a second shotgun! LOL

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboots View Post
    Definitely, but we're getting dangerously close to a new 88 price. May as well just get a second shotgun! LOL
    That's the route my buddy took lol

I sold my Maverick 88 and bought a 500 2-barrel set, 28" field and 18" security. I was super tempted to buy one of these barrels, I'd love to cut one down to 22-24" and get it rethreaded for chokes. No room in the budget for the Smith work right now though.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12