Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holosun's Digital Night Vision Reflex Sight has Arrived!

Quote Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
    Yeah I think for the format thermal makes more sense. I think we're talking about 5k?

Thing is, you might NEVER actually use it since don't see any civilian application to a thermal rifle sight in Canada. Correct me if I'm wrong but there's no use at the range, you can't hunt with it and basically anything its designed to detect you can't shoot at.
    HOWEVER..... the way things are going with the muscovites, you might actually want to have one.
    For the standard range shooter it wouldn't really offer any benefits. There seems to be a lot of interest in certain parts of the country for hog hunting where they are invasive and there's a bounty from the government.
    SRS Tactical
    Tel: 403-453-0040
    info@srstactical.ca
    www.srstactical.ca

Quote Originally Posted by BP4W View Post
    Of course they snuck in a 42069 joke in the serials.
    Nice.
    I didn't even catch that... Lol
    SRS Tactical
    info@srstactical.ca
    www.srstactical.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Unagi604 View Post
    Is there a rough estimate about how much the thermal version will cost compared to the NV version?
    Also, the smaller "pistol" sized thermal red dot that was recently announced is not the cancelled one right?
    To your other question the pistol sized thermal units were just announced at Shot Show and are still going forward, it was just the "Pro" slightly higher spec version of the thermal that they cancelled at the moment.
    SRS Tactical
    info@srstactical.ca
    www.srstactical.ca

CGN frequent flyer Somerset Bar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by srstactical View Post
    For the standard range shooter it wouldn't really offer any benefits. There seems to be a lot of interest in certain parts of the country for hog hunting where they are invasive and there's a bounty from the government.

For some of us WAY out in the bush, "hog" hunting can be almost anything, and NOT hitting a target is sometimes as useful as being able to hit it. Night vision is nice, but then you're looking for movement. Thermal give you that nice definition, say if you think there's a 'squatch out back, but it's merely a liberal voter rooting though your outbuilding scrounging for treasure...kind of nice to be able to place some shots real close like without a life sentence (or a lot of work with the backhoe). I ordered one of the NV sights but would sure like a thermal that's for sure.

Just 'cause the trudeau's don't want us protecting what's ours, doesn't mean we don't. Every guy I know out here has either a tractor with a backhoe, or more common, an excavator of some sort. Nobody every questions why we need em.

Kids, don't do meth.

I received mine today and I’m quite pleased.

It doesn’t have an IR illuminator but that’s okay for me - it makes the sight less bulky and I have a white light/ IR Inforce weapon lamp I’ll use.

Tested the photo and recording functions today and it’s quite intuitive.

Looking forward to zeroing.

One thing I’m not sure of, is if the day time reticle needs to be zeroed independently of the NV reticle? The manual says they’re zeroed from the factory but gives instructions on how to zero each.

The only way they could zero together is if the whole sight moves on the base, like an Elcan. Otherwise they’ll have to be zeroed independently.

I guess I’ll find out.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    I received mine today and I’m quite pleased.

It doesn’t have an IR illuminator but that’s okay for me - it makes the sight less bulky and I have a white light/ IR Inforce weapon lamp I’ll use.

Tested the photo and recording functions today and it’s quite intuitive.

Looking forward to zeroing.

One thing I’m not sure of, is if the day time reticle needs to be zeroed independently of the NV reticle? The manual says they’re zeroed from the factory but gives instructions on how to zero each.

The only way they could zero together is if the whole sight moves on the base, like an Elcan. Otherwise they’ll have to be zeroed independently.

I guess I’ll find out.
    Wait, so this isn't an all-in-one as they were claiming at shotshow? We need a separate illuminator for it to even work??

Well looks like this one will be going back, it's bulky enough as it is without having to clamp MORE crap to the rifle.
    No farmers, no food. No truckers, no food.
    No politicians...no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset Bar View Post
    Wait, so this isn't an all-in-one as they were claiming at shotshow? We need a separate illuminator for it to even work??

Well looks like this one will be going back, it's bulky enough as it is without having to clamp MORE crap to the rifle.
    I could see how some people might feel that way.

Illuminators can be a bit of a personal choice in terms of throw and pattern. I'm okay with not having one on the sight.

My white light of choice just happens to toggle to IR with the flip of a switch. - I wouldn't run a rifle without a light so its not MORE crap with my setup.

Having said that, the NV works fairly well with some ambient light (stars, streetlights, dusk, dawn, full moon) but in total darkness it will require an IR source.

I could see how some people might feel that way.

Illuminators can be a bit of a personal choice in terms of throw and pattern. I'm okay with not having one on the sight.

My white light of choice just happens to toggle to IR with the flip of a switch. - I wouldn't run a rifle without a light so its not MORE crap with my setup.

Having said that, the NV works fairly well with some ambient light (stars, streetlights, dusk, dawn, full moon) but in total darkness it will require an IR source.
    I hear you. Waaaaaay out here in the country, when it's dark out here, you quite literally can't see your hand in front of your face. I grew up in the city, and was not prepared for just how incredibly dark night can be lol. This was going on a "what's that scrabbling around out in the shed?" rifle, which I really want to have as little clamped to it as possible.
    No farmers, no food. No truckers, no food.
    No politicians...no problem.

Thermal would be great. There will be two thermal versions a lower and a higher resolution version. Both are getting pretty pricey, although I'll consider one when they come out.
    half the price of the iRay... spoke to soon, the price is now 1/2 what I paid for an iray
    Last edited by m j; 03-02-2024 at 11:29 PM.

Yea me too
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of #### by the clean end.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast