Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chiappa big badger 30-30

CGN frequent flyer Big bore dinosaur's Avatar
    Switch barrel?? Would be a big can of worms.
    30-30 would be plenty for my needs 4 now. 35 later

CGN Regular
    Interesting. Could use pointed bullets in this. Would make a cool backpacking precision rifle. Would fit in a bag on my dual sport nicely will be keeping a keen eye on this.
    YEA BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    If they are popular I can see some other calibres being offered, .223 and 7.62X39 would be nice.

Who knows maybe even some Pistol Calibres.
    you’d hope so if they’re willing to do them up in 350 legend. X39 would be cool no doubt. Not gonna lie it’s about as much as I’d want to shoot out of that

Super GunNutz
    I will happily snag one in 350 Legend. As an emergency gun, I want something with knockdown ability. Also a heavy subsonic load would have thump and very little noise. With the factory stock this is at best a 200 yard rifle anyway. An all wood version (deluxe?) would be interesting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    That stock doesn't look to bad with the substantial pad and cheek rest, I can see someone making a clam shell type cover for the pistol grip to make that a bit more ergonomic but after that, from here, it looks good to go....

Something sort of like the grip panels on the old ruger stocks to fit in between the wire grip area would be pretty nice!

Last edited by Can-down; 03-04-2024 at 02:25 AM.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    If 30-30 is their initial offering, this can be scaled down, & up a bit perhaps. They just need to make them, & will def. sell a ton / No brainer, well, depending on Price. I'm sure in USA will be nicely priced, wondering how much we'll get hosed. Would love one in 7.62x39, 5.56 & some larger pistol calibers. {Interchangeable barrels perhaps?}

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jbmauser's Avatar
    Are these made the same way as the one the guy had in 243 where the barrel blew off? Hopefully they do a better job of keeping the barrel in place than on the double badger.

Just bought a 22 LR and would only fire on second try and then was almost impossible to open. Dealer does not service after sale so I have to send in for warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    If they are popular I can see some other calibres being offered, .223 and 7.62X39 would be nice.

Who knows maybe even some Pistol Calibres.
    Rimmed calibers such as 30-30 are better suited for break actions, I'd be surprised to see a departure from those in this design.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose762 View Post
    Rimmed calibers such as 30-30 are better suited for break actions, I'd be surprised to see a departure from those in this design.
    We will see, I have a .308 break action, and to be honest I've never really looked that closely at the extractor to see how it works..... this is the first time I've heard someone suggest that a .223 and other similar non rimmed cartridges pose problems for break actions?
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast