Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: C-21 New Magazine Laws - PAL Now Required

Quote Originally Posted by chillyrabbit View Post
    Gun owners follow the gun laws, except when they are too strenuous like asking to see a license when selling a gun.

Maybe those guys are the reason why people that have those firearms seized table with like 3,4 hunting rifles and tag lines like stolen property, auto theft, and drug trafficking.

Even in 1978 the laws stated the FAC was only valid for 5 years and you needed another one if you wanted to buy more guns or ammo.

People probably aren't going to check for a license to buy magazines or firearm parts, since the messaging to gun owners is horrible and it wouldn't occur to them.

But basically what i get from your post is that legal gun owners follow the law except when it is personally inconvenient how convenient for anti-gun groups.
    I guess my point is that no matter what laws are made, there are those out there who are not aware of them and will continue to operate as they always did and any new "rules" are like highway speed limits. People know about them but few will follow them to the letter. OTOH there will be those who do a full PAL check and reference number to sell you a holster.
    An hour late is still on time for people who aren’t coming

Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    Yep, and the sad thing is some sellers are inventing stuff that is not there...like the fellow on another site who had some .22LR Minimag packs for sale and he insisted in running my PAL for a reference number. I told him, you don't need to validate a PAL via reference number for ammo - 25 min previous, I went to two (2) LGS in my area, both of which are site sponsors here - one to buy a flat of 12ga slugs and the other one to buy a brick of brick of .22LR and neither did reference number checks - they just looked at my PAL and recorded the info in their ledger.

It's sad because a lot of this legislation is causing some gunowners to see requirements that are not there, and worse, for some others to perceive requirements that are not there, and that to them is sufficient justification to sell their stuff and just get out of shooting and hunting as a whole. Perhaps that is the government's ultimate intention - bury gunowners in regulation and red tape with the hope they will throw up the white flag and deem it not worth it anymore.
    And the fact that Ontario has a law that requires gun shops to record your private information in their ledger books to buy ammunition is absolute insanity and bullsh1t!......

I cannot believe this law came to fruition without push-back from the gun community or Ontario hunters and target shooters.

This is just another form of corrupt government control on it's people.

It appears both Quebec and Ontario is a cesspool of corrupt provincial governments who have a hate on for gun owners. Not to mention the WOKE garbage both those provinces promote.......

Shameful indeed!
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

The government is using a lot of different methods to end guns in Canada ,one way is to make is so frustrating for retailers that they finally just give in after years of foolishness thry say enough is enough we aren't selling guns or gun related items any longer,and that's seen as a big win for gov.
    Don't be a follower,be a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    And the fact that Ontario has a law that requires gun shops to record your private information in their ledger books to buy ammunition is absolute insanity and bullsh1t!......

I cannot believe this law came to fruition without push-back from the gun community or Ontario hunters and target shooters.

This is just another form of corrupt government control on it's people.

It appears both Quebec and Ontario is a cesspool of corrupt provincial governments who have a hate on for gun owners. Not to mention the WOKE garbage both those provinces promote.......

Shameful indeed!
    100% agreed. I got my PAL in 2004 and just presumed over the years that this was the law across the land until I went to visit family in Alberta in 2010, dropped by some gun stores in Edmonton and Calgary and lo and behold, no recording of my PAL number in ledgers. I am dumb, but thankfully not dumb enough to suggest to them that they need to do what I thought was the norm. It is strange how there are these provincial nuances with aspects of firearms and ammunition like this. I guess there's not much better in Ontario for the gunowner that they have other other provinces except we don't require a range membership to own Restricteds, but that's hardly a sufficient advantage over the rest of the country. As a glass half-full guy, I can say I suppose it could be worse - I have heard Quebec has some additional regulations the province puts on top.

I grew up for a portion of my childhood in Alberta. I wasn't a gunowner until I was an adult in Ontario but once the kids are done university and outta here, so am I!
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

Quote Originally Posted by Beeron View Post
    So for us, in private firearm sales, we verify PAL and thats it.
    we may or may not sell anything and we may keep no record.
    But as a shop, you are required to keep records right?
    Does that include this new measure for mags and as you suggest, parts and accessories in future?
    thx
    There are no requirements for records for magazines. We just have to check that you have a valid PAL.

Our Liberal overlords and their snivelling NPD lackeys continue to focus on unimportant yet highly vexatious issues, while simultaneously ignoring pressing concerns that are actually negatively impacting our society and our families. Why should we allow ourselves to be bothered by their decrees when ACTUAL dangerous persons are allowed to carry on as they please?

Eff Trudeau!
    Self Defense is a HUMAN right!

Proud member of CSSA
    Proud member of CCFR
    Proud member of NRA

Quote Originally Posted by locgo View Post
    Our Liberal overlords and their snivelling NPD lackeys continue to focus on unimportant yet highly vexatious issues, while simultaneously ignoring pressing concerns that are actually negatively impacting our society and our families. Why should we allow ourselves to be bothered by their decrees when ACTUAL dangerous persons are allowed to carry on as they please?

Eff Trudeau!

In Times of Tyranny and Injustice, when Law Oppresses the People, the Outlaw Takes Place In History.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Man you guys are hilarious.

"Omg focus on criminals!"

"OK, criminals are building 3d printed guns and using store bought magazines, barrels, and slides to complete them so we're going to require a license to purchase a magazine, barrel, or slide."

"No! Not like that!"
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Firearms rights are human rights, period!......

Trudy can, well you know!......

I’d be curious if the licensing requirements are licence class specific.

In December I attempted to order some 10 round Glock magazines from a dealer who I would rather not name because they are not a sponsor but I can say it rhymes with Az**** armoury. I sent an e-transfer as payment then they told me they couldn’t sell me the magazines because they were pistol parts, referencing the new requirements that had not come into effect yet. They refused to refund my money and eventually gave me a coupon code for the total.

One major concern is that a guy with a non restricted pal wouldn’t be able to get Glock mags or ar15 mags for non restricted rifles that use those mags.

In 1930’s Germany, the way the government at the time went about gun control, they first introduced registration for long guns and pistils(something that didn’t exist before then), next they banned gun stores selling ammo to civilians. If you needed ammo, you had to purchase it from a local police station and could only buy calibers that you had a gun registered for. Then they brought in limits of a certain number of rounds per year per person. Then started revoking registrations for people that they disagreed with or who disagreed with them.

I don’t enjoy sounding like one of those people who always references Germany when they don’t like something political but it’s a real concern that this could lead to only being able to get parts and mags for certain types of firearms and not others. How long until they say 9mm or 223 aren’t non restricted because restricted firearms use them?