Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A Tale of Two Tenda's

It is likely that it is hard to find good employees now days, just like a lot of other industries.
    I have had excellent service with over the phone ammo orders from Tenda, up until the last time I tried to order ammo. ( I prefer to phone in the ammo order so that I can talk in person to the store to ask for the same lot number when I am buying several boxes of the same ammo, and to get the persons name incase there is any issues)
    The last guy informed me that Tenda does NOT take orders over the phone. I didn't have a problem with that, if that is their new policy, it is their store, and they can do what they want. I understand it is time consuming and they are possibly quite busy.
    What made me mad was that he said Tenda has NEVER taken ammo orders over the phone, and basically called me a liar for saying they had done that for me before. I told him Tenda used to do it and he again argued with me and told me to prove it by giving him the invoice numbers...... yeah like I had those available from several months ago.
    Anyways, I didn't order anything, and haven't since then. It is unfortunate for Tenda that by hiring a guy with an attitude they have lost about 2 to 3 orders a year ($1500) from this customer.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4n2t0 View Post
    As I highlighted in my opening paragraph, I like this place. I really do. If their shipping policy had never changed (no fault of theirs, shipping's gotten stupidly expensive), I wouldn't have ever known what a disaster the in-store experience has become. I remember visiting their previous smaller location several times. Never once did I have a bad experience.

I knew what would happen when I wrote this thread. I thought about it for a week before posting. I accept that I'm opening myself up to criticism. Like in any relationship, it's only good when it's good. When it's bad, it's time to have a conversation, lol.

Oh well, you live and learn.
    I appreciate you taking the time to post the news in your location.... I doubt I will ever visit Tenda in person to experience the vibe in person.

I was not trying to be critical, more just understand as best as possible how it went down....
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by elKrusto View Post
    It is likely that it is hard to find good employees now days, just like a lot of other industries.
    I have had excellent service with over the phone ammo orders from Tenda, up until the last time I tried to order ammo. ( I prefer to phone in the ammo order so that I can talk in person to the store to ask for the same lot number when I am buying several boxes of the same ammo, and to get the persons name incase there is any issues)
    The last guy informed me that Tenda does NOT take orders over the phone. I didn't have a problem with that, if that is their new policy, it is their store, and they can do what they want. I understand it is time consuming and they are possibly quite busy.
    What made me mad was that he said Tenda has NEVER taken ammo orders over the phone, and basically called me a liar for saying they had done that for me before. I told him Tenda used to do it and he again argued with me and told me to prove it by giving him the invoice numbers...... yeah like I had those available from several months ago.
    Anyways, I didn't order anything, and haven't since then. It is unfortunate for Tenda that by hiring a guy with an attitude they have lost about 2 to 3 orders a year ($1500) from this customer.
    People like that are kind of funny to meet or deal with.... talk about above and beyond the call of duty....

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by .30/06 FTW View Post
    Customer service has never been Tenda’s strong suit.
    Yea... I have been there a few times and they are always rude and patronizing. Some of the employees also do not speak English very well and it has been an issue. They do have good prices though! I will give them that.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dxniel View Post
    Yea... I have been there a few times and they are always rude and patronizing. Some of the employees also do not speak English very well and it has been an issue. They do have good prices though! I will give them that.
    I’ve been there once and was not impressed. Even less impressed with their BS and antics on the phone. Eventually you realize it’s not worth shopping there altogether.

Deep in the Darkest Bush there is ! and Kamloops
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    People like that are kind of funny to meet or deal with.... talk about above and beyond the call of duty....
    There’s NOTHING FUNNY about dealing with #######s ! JMO RJ

As per post # 11 # 14 # 15 have expressed along with the OP .
    INDIGENOUS JIM - Born and Raised in British Columbia and A Canadian !

The 284 WIN - is the Original Short Magnum !

Quote Originally Posted by remington jim View Post
    There’s NOTHING FUNNY about dealing with #######s ! JMO RJ

As per post # 11 # 14 # 15 have expressed along with the OP .
    Sure there is, you just see it differently....

I met an interesting character back around Christmas working retail and it wasn't till I got home and my wife pointed it out when discussing it with her..... she suggested that he was likely "on the spectrum".

I don't know why it didn't occur to me, but I think her intuition was spot on.

CGN Regular
    Well...what is described here is what was happening at Fry's Electronics in the USA. They closed their doors 3 years ago..............

if you want to experience most horrendous customer service, try Telus...

Your money your rules

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast