Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any chance of non restricted importation of QCQ-171, QBZ-191 or QWC-05?

Don't think we could get these tactical-cool rifles coming in with current stupid law...
    Also, considering how small Canadian market is, it is unlikely that the manufacturer in China would specifically made civilian version of these rifles for Canada only...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by FARMHANDYO View Post
    I wonder why they would make it in Thailand seems strange
    Because Thailand wants to ensure their military is not reliant on the support of a foreign entity?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Army2006 View Post
    Don't think we could get these tactical-cool rifles coming in with current stupid law...
    Also, considering how small Canadian market is, it is unlikely that the manufacturer in China would specifically made civilian version of these rifles for Canada only...
    Norinco had no issues with making 1000s of type 97s and Type 81s for the Canadian market so I really don’t understand why they would not try to make a few bucks selling a civilian model of the QBZ-191 here. There is only a track record of success for China in the Canadian firearms market.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudu View Post
    I don’t think TI is going to import anything like that at the moment. Maybe keep an eye out on this one instead:
    T07 smg-9mm
    Last time I heard, this company has submitted this for RCMP to review last year. Months before bill C-21 came in effect.
    Never heared of this one. Did a little researce fund this
    https://www.all4shooters.com/en/shoo...el-rifle-test/

BTW, the manufacture SDM, it is the most famous small arms factory in China. It is the first factory making type 56 Semi or SKS for PLA.

Type 56 with factory mark 296 is made by them.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbigjack View Post
    Never heared of this one. Did a little researce fund this
    https://www.all4shooters.com/en/shoo...el-rifle-test/

BTW, the manufacture SDM, it is the most famous small arms factory in China. It is the first factory making type 56 Semi or SKS for PLA.

Type 56 with factory mark 296 is made by them.
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...-International

Norinco had no issues with making 1000s of type 97s and Type 81s for the Canadian market so I really don’t understand why they would not try to make a few bucks selling a civilian model of the QBZ-191 here. There is only a track record of success for China in the Canadian firearms market.
    OC & Scale effect.
    The scale of Canadian market is just too small to make whole assembly line solely producing these Canadian specific model, when comparing with other business they have elsewhere.
    Last edited by Army2006; 04-25-2024 at 09:16 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffice View Post
    I’m in the market for a 5.56 semi auto and nothing tickles my fancy whatsoever at current availability so I’m with you pal, I’m hungry for something new!
    Have you tried the IWI X95? It looks funny but I wouldn’t discount it without running a few mags thru one. Awesome super short NR platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Incendiary View Post
    Have you tried the IWI X95? It looks funny but I wouldn’t discount it without running a few mags thru one. Awesome super short NR platform.
    I did actually, but it just wasn't for me. Not saying it's bad, but I prefer traditional layout. Those who like them do like them however and that's really driving a great community for that platform which is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Army2006 View Post
    OC & Scale effect.
    The scale of Canadian market is just too small to make whole assembly line solely producing these Canadian specific model, when comparing with other business they have elsewhere.
    People who say that don't seem to know a lot about the import of goods into Canada. I'm not saying that's the case with you, but Canada has this for tens of thousand of goods across the country many of which are actually made specifically for the Canadian market not to mention Quebec.

I discount nothing. The original T97 rifles were literally redesigned exclusively for us. The T-81 has been redesigned exclusively for us. Many other firearms such as the CZ offerings we had and have, Skorp Evo, 858 etc even Wolverine had a special version of the 858 built just for Canada at one time.

You discount the actual purchasing power of being able to markup the product to an EXTREME premium for insanely low effort. Many many firearms companies continue to do this here and other places around the globe. There is also the prestige of selling in the North American market, which is a factor in scaling and offering the product to other places. If it's successful here, it's often good to go for Europe, the Philippines etc. Selling 5k rifles in Canada is actually a big deal for many firearms companies as that covers the extremely limited R and D needed to create a rifle to our spec which is then easily offered all over.

The T97 version we have is showing up in other countries, the CZ offering became the Skorp Evo Carbine, all that good stuff.

Hey Tactical imports, would it be possible to import any of these rifles? If so what could the cost be and when could we expect to receive them? Are you in the process of getting any of these in? I think that many Canadians love Chinese rifle’s especially with their cool factor in the USA. I would easily pay $2000-$4000 for any one of these rifles : )
    Tactical imports is only interested in crooked Chinese guns that they probably pay $300-400 a unit for

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast