Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Need bulk 7.62x39 non-corrosive

CGN Regular
    Just use Arsenalforce. Scroll until you get nonn-corrosive.

If I buy ammo from a private source and ask to ship to BC, what are the chances that Canada Post will open and seize the package?

You can’t ship ammo with Canada Post.

Local pickup is the way to go, as its pretty expensive to ship ammo and you have to use a courier service.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by zhangami View Post
    If I buy ammo from a private source and ask to ship to BC, what are the chances that Canada Post will open and seize the package?
    It’s illegal and the sender can get in big trouble. Take your chances if you want, even if you insure it you won’t get your money back if it’s seized. If you asked the sender to do this, you’ll probably be talking to the RCMP too, not just them…

Does it still seem worth it to save a few bucks?

Quote Originally Posted by Incendiary View Post
    It’s illegal and the sender can get in big trouble. Take your chances if you want, even if you insure it you won’t get your money back if it’s seized. If you asked the sender to do this, you’ll probably be talking to the RCMP too, not just them…

Does it still seem worth it to save a few bucks?
    Got it, but how come gun shops can ship ammo?

They use the carriers that offer the service knowingly what they have in their trucks. UPS is one of them, CAN PAR was also in the game, but I think they stopped.

Other than the risk of stuff being seized and you getting in trouble, what about if they handle it wrong as they don't know they are handling ammunition and someone gets hurt or worst.

Definitely not worth trying.
    Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has.
    - Descartes

CGN Regular
    Most of them use UPS who allows ammo shipping. You can look up on Google “can I ship ammo in Canada using *fill in the blank*?” And it will be in the search results whether you can or not.

Can post ships firearms but never ammo. Couriers often refuse to ship firearms but might be willing to ship ammo. Search it up or phone the courier first.

Quote Originally Posted by -raqh- View Post
    They use the carriers that offer the service knowingly what they have in their trucks. UPS is one of them, CAN PAR was also in the game, but I think they stopped.

Other than the risk of stuff being seized and you getting in trouble, what about if they handle it wrong as they don't know they are handling ammunition and someone gets hurt or worst.

Definitely not worth trying.
    I guess gun shops should bear the responsibility if they use carriers' services.

Quote Originally Posted by Incendiary View Post
    Most of them use UPS who allows ammo shipping. You can look up on Google “can I ship ammo in Canada using *fill in the blank*?” And it will be in the search results whether you can or not.

Can post ships firearms but never ammo. Couriers often refuse to ship firearms but might be willing to ship ammo. Search it up or phone the courier first.
    Called UPS, they said NO. But they ship ammo for gun shops. Guess they must have special deals.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234