Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Interest in Drop-On 18.75 in. Bren 2 Barrels in .223 ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Not sure how it would work with ITAR, but when have met your initial Canadian demand you may want to talk to IRunGuns about marketing your kits in the States. Suppressed tunable 300 Blackout had a good market down their, especially for wild hog control. The guys at Polenar Tactical in Slovenia may appreciate this as well, since suppressors are legal there, and they like CZ firearms.

Late to the party, just adding my $.2. Definitely want more 556/223 wylde NR barrels. Would pay HANDSOMELY for nitrided ones.

Interested in a 556 barrel.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CobraGT's Avatar
    Any updates on these drop-in complete NR-length barrel assemblies? I still want one...
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intelligor illis
    EE Ads: Insurance is NOT included on any agreed "shipped" price!
    I take no responsibility for an EE item once it has been shipped.

CGN frequent flyer
    Interested in a higher end precision barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by powerbaitron View Post
    Interested in a higher end precision barrel.
    Me too. The problem with that is now you are making them in a 'bull barrel' profile and this kills the entire beautiful essence of this platform ; a superbly light and balanced combat rifle. The medium profile barrels we make are on the brink of making it so front heavy it's modestly unbalanced. A bull barrel would just be gross in my opinion.

I have always been of the mind that a semi-auto should be light and quick and accurate enough to be close to MOA if you feed it well and have done your job as the shooter. A bolt action is for a heavier and more precision minded sub-MOA platform because that's literally what a modern bolt gun is designed for.

A Toyota Yaris is not for driving from Vancouver to St. John's and a BMW M6 isn't for your daily milk run if you get my drift. Can each car do the other's job ? Sure, but it won't be optimal by a long shot. (no pun intended)

Also, if you have shot the 476mm barrels we made they are pretty darned accurate considering what the rifle was originally designed for with it's 11 inch factory barrel.....
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Any chance you can make a 14.5" drop in barrel?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Me too. The problem with that is now you are making them in a 'bull barrel' profile and this kills the entire beautiful essence of this platform ; a superbly light and balanced combat rifle. The medium profile barrels we make are on the brink of making it so front heavy it's modestly unbalanced. A bull barrel would just be gross in my opinion.

I have always been of the mind that a semi-auto should be light and quick and accurate enough to be close to MOA if you feed it well and have done your job as the shooter. A bolt action is for a heavier and more precision minded sub-MOA platform because that's literally what a modern bolt gun is designed for.

A Toyota Yaris is not for driving from Vancouver to St. John's and a BMW M6 isn't for your daily milk run if you get my drift. Can each car do the other's job ? Sure, but it won't be optimal by a long shot. (no pun intended)

Also, if you have shot the 476mm barrels we made they are pretty darned accurate considering what the rifle was originally designed for with it's 11 inch factory barrel.....
    I use mine for predator hunting off a tripod or bipod. To each their own. The 11 inchers are light and quick wielding. Even at 18.5 it’s a bit hard to wield off hand.

Quote Originally Posted by powerbaitron View Post
    I use mine for predator hunting off a tripod or bipod. To each their own. The 11 inchers are light and quick wielding. Even at 18.5 it’s a bit hard to wield off hand.
    And an almost 19 inch long .223 Wylde barrel isn't accurate enough ?.....lol

You must be hunting the actual Predator ! ( :

Name:  The_Predator_official_poster.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  133.5 KB
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

My vote is for an 8 or 11 inch conversion.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345