Quote Originally Posted by Army2006 View Post
    I am ok-ish with the look.
    Just want to know how reliable it is.
    Im sure it will be ultra reliable, they make very good guns
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

CGN frequent flyer tenringbound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
    I dunno about that one. Is the top front rail detachable? Might look good without that monstrosity on it.
    Yes, you can remove the whole rail and front attachment. Looks a lot better without it, I don't run optics on my shotguns anyway. Btw the lower on mine is polymer, had an SKO Shorty that was a couple years older but was all aluminum.
    "Never trust a hippie" -the Sex Pistols

Quote Originally Posted by tenringbound View Post
    Yes, you can remove the whole rail and front attachment. Looks a lot better without it, I don't run optics on my shotguns anyway. Btw the lower on mine is polymer, had an SKO Shorty that was a couple years older but was all aluminum.
    How's your experience with this shotty? Is there any inherent function issue?
    Does it shoot and cycle reliably with all shot shells?

Quote Originally Posted by Army2006 View Post
    How's your experience with this shotty? Is there any inherent function issue?
    Does it shoot and cycle reliably with all shot shells?
    I haven’t shot it yet, there’s a few YouTube videos on it and it seems decent, hickok45 does a good test of the Shorty. I got it because I wanted a non-Turkish detachable mag shotgun but tbh it doesn’t feel any different than my Derya MK12. Again, I haven’t shot it and if it works as well as the Derya I’d be happy. Break in is pretty much the same as the Turkish guns, apparently slug and buckshot for the first 100 rds.

I haven’t shot it yet, there’s a few YouTube videos on it and it seems decent, hickok45 does a good test of the Shorty. I got it because I wanted a non-Turkish detachable mag shotgun but tbh it doesn’t feel any different than my Derya MK12. Again, I haven’t shot it and if it works as well as the Derya I’d be happy. Break in is pretty much the same as the Turkish guns, apparently slug and buckshot for the first 100 rds.
    Are the magazine's same as the Turkish models by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezz View Post
    Are the magazine's same as the Turkish models by chance?
    Yes, all my Turkish mags and drums fit (including AS46).

Yes, all my Turkish mags and drums fit (including AS46).
    Nice, thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    Missed out on it . Will these be in stock again?

Finally had a chance to shoot this shotgun today - here's my experience:
    Build quality is excellent; everything about the shotgun seems well manufactured. I only shot slugs as that's what my indoor range allows. I ran into occasional "jams" where the previous shell didn't eject out - most likely because it's a brand new gun and it hasn't run in yet. Some semi-auto shotguns recommend shooting heavy loads to run-in the gun and I think this needs the same. I got fewer and fewer ejection jams as I continued shooting, so just need to shoot it more.

I tried two brands of slugs - I had fewer ejection jams with Score Low-Recoil slugs (dark green ones), and a couple more with Challenger Low-Recoil Slugs (blue). However, both brands had fewer and fewer as I shot more.

A few other things: there's a little trick to loading this magazine - the tolerances are tight, so once you've pushed the shell in, once it goes just below the lips, push it towards the back and there are two "rails" (indentations) that guide it towards the back of the mag. Second tip: if you're inserting the loaded mag with the bolt open (i.e. with the paddle), it seems to load best if you pull the bolt all the way back (versus slapping the paddle) as that "strips" the first shell into the chamber.

Can't help but also compare it with my turkish shotgun which is similar in many ways (AR-style, largely similar operation, nearly identical mags, etc.). My Armed Stryker ML12, interestingly, did not need any run-in period and just worked right out-of-the-box with low recoil slugs (a lot of people said they needed to run in their turkish gun). Build quality is waayyy better on the SKO-12, trigger is also much better. The turkish gun also has an out-of-spec pic-rail which is annoying....(SKO-12 rail is properly spec'ed, I had a red-dot on mine). Oh and SKO-12 is a bit more accurate than the turk.

All in all, I'm pleased and happy with it. Price was competitive to the ML12 and it's much higher quality. I look forward to shooting it more often!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast