Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CGN 2.0 Summer

Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post
    Maybe we don't want to do local sales. I had more time wasted for late people, tire kickers, no shows, show up with less money then agreed on, 7am calls to meet, will I meet them an hour away, can I come to your house. Then get offended when I say no. Than just hitting a x and moving on.

If people want to do local, they can put their location.
    Not just local, but also to estimate shipping. A $70 shipping fee to get a gun across country can make or break a deal. I get the local thing, but knowing at minimum if someone is in a range you can stomach the shipping is a plus. I don't want to bother if you live in the NWT/Yukon kind of deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vewdu View Post
    Not just local, but also to estimate shipping. A $70 shipping fee to get a gun across country can make or break a deal. I get the local thing, but knowing at minimum if someone is in a range you can stomach the shipping is a plus. I don't want to bother if you live in the NWT/Yukon kind of deal.
    And it's only going to be a couple dollars less closer to your province. So it's not gonna make a huge difference shipping a gun. You're not shipping any gun for less than 40$ anymore.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wh1 View Post
    Looks like the popularity of GP is causing CGN to finally update! lol Well done. Look forward to the change
    Sometimes competition of the free market works.
    Stupidity is its own punishment.
    “The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride,”
    ~Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskyy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    Maybe we don't want to do local sales. I had more time wasted for late people, tire kickers, no shows, show up with less money then agreed on, 7am calls to meet, will I meet them an hour away, can I come to your house. Then get offended when I say no. Than just hitting a x and moving on.

If people want to do local, they can put their location.
    thats strange, i prefer local deals. never had a problem as you mentioned. if im the seller i pick the meeting place, usually close to my place but never my place also no packing and shipping. if im the buyer i can walk away if not as described.

And it's only going to be a couple dollars less closer to your province. So it's not gonna make a huge difference shipping a gun. You're not shipping any gun for less than 40$ anymore.
    I just shipped three different firearms, the cheapest was $75.00 for a $300.00 rifle, the most expensive was $130.00 for a $1700.00 rifle. Keep in mind this included insurance, Expedited Parcel and a signature. I do get a miniscule discount for my small business account.

I'd like to know how one ships a firearm for $40.00 these days? I never ship any guns without insurance, it's too risky......

Passenger Pigeon maybe?.............
    Last edited by Thunderhog; 05-21-2024 at 01:43 PM.
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Quote Originally Posted by FatCatsDad View Post
    This is correct, I don't do face to face deals anymore.
    Nutz that want to meet 2 hrs away, renegotiating price at the sale, etc etc.
    If one takes the time to weed out the time waisters, a face to face transaction can be great. Always get a deposit first upfront and stress the fact your agreed price is the price. No haggling after the fact.

If you get a bad feeling on the phone about the customer or the transaction overall, abort the entire process.

Face to face deals can be extremely good.
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Curtton View Post
    thats strange, i prefer local deals. never had a problem as you mentioned. if im the seller i pick the meeting place, usually close to my place but never my place also no packing and shipping. if im the buyer i can walk away if not as described.
    Also depends where you are from. Here people expect everything for free. I toss out items as I don't want to deal with the locals. You can be as detailed as you can be and you show up at a meeting area, and they walk away because it's not what they want. Or buy 2 tires, then come back for the other 2.

I never had someone online wanting me to help them out because they don't have a car, and expect me to drive 60km to sell them 10$ items.

20 something years of dealing online on CGN and 95% of my dealings were online. Also same goes with you must talk to people on the phone. That might been 1% and that's over combined 400 dealings.

So if someone wants to deal local that's great. They can put their location but shouldn't be mandatory as I rather deal with Hitler with a pineapple than deal with the charity cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    If one takes the time to weed out the time waisters, a face to face transaction can be great. Always get a deposit first upfront and stress the fact your agreed price is the price. No haggling after the fact.

If you get a bad feeling on the phone about the customer or the transaction overall, abort the entire process.

Face to face deals can be extremely good.
    Can be good. Can also be worst time of your life and ain't worth it. When you got medical problems like severe social anxiety, local dealing is hell for you. Dealing with wanting to meet odd hours, sorting out what works for both parties, odd time phone calls. To me it's not worth it, as it can cause me into a mental break down.

People think I really talk much, when I hate the sound of my own voice so I barely speak. Due to many years of emotional bullying due to how I speak which medically I only can change with surgery and go thru many years of surgery and learn to speak again..

So it's not easy for everybody. I like online and how ill contuine to deal.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    I'd like to know how one ships a firearm for $40.00 these days? I never ship any guns without insurance, it's too risky......

Passenger Pigeon maybe?.............
    For shotguns, remove barrel.

Remove rear stock from lever guns and others you can remove the action from the stock.

Usually one or two screws and can cut your shipping costs in ½

Anything to reduce the dimensions of the package.

Your hit with a $20 oversize fee if any dimension exceeds 39"
    Last edited by FatCatsDad; 05-21-2024 at 03:28 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast