Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: SEMI AUTO Mg-34 Light Machine Guns.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by katazone View Post
    The story I was referring to was the 1919s. And if TNW build a brand new receiver as you say, no doubt it could be brought in using the nr frt since it complies with the rcmp new regs.
    I think we are saying the same thing. Lol
    There is a prohib frt and a nr frt entry for that same gun by tnw. One to represent the versions made with all 5 walls new (NR) and one to represent the guns made using at least 1 wall recycled from a full auto receiver (prohib as converted autos).

Not sure what "rcmp new regs" you are referring to.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Apologies to John for the thread-jack...

What I would LOVE to see is an all new receiver for the Russian PM 1910 Maxim watercooled gun on the wheeled Sokolov mount.
    <<< See my avatar.
    Adopted in 1910, so the belts are definitely pre-1945, therefore unlimited.
    Runs on cheap x54R ammo, not expensive 8x57 Mauser.
    Uses fascinating Maxim action, with lots of funky moving parts, etc. Good for technology geeks like me.
    Mounted on sexy wheeled Sokolov mount. Chicks dig that!
    Literally hundreds of thousands produced (Dolf Goldsmith says 600,000 made), and still in storage in former commie countries.
    Last edited by tootall; 04-09-2016 at 01:27 PM.

A semi auto maxim would be a must buy.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

I've always wanted one of these but been too scared off with the reliability issues I read by those who have bought them, anything new here on that or same as they always have been?

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    There is a prohib frt and a nr frt entry for that same gun by tnw. One to represent the versions made with all 5 walls new (NR) and one to represent the guns made using at least 1 wall recycled from a full auto receiver (prohib as converted autos).

exacty what you just said
    Everyone must ride through hell to reach their paradise

Quote Originally Posted by katazone View Post
    exacty what you just said
    The FRT is not a regulation or law. It is the documented opinion of the RCMP as to where firearms fall in classification as per the Firearms Act.

It is their opinion. That is all. That being said, their opinion is accepted as evidence in court as "expert" opinion. If you don't like their opinion, the only option is to go against it, get charged, and get a judge to say whether the RCMP opinion is right or not.

The FRT is not a regulation or law. It is the documented opinion of the RCMP as to where firearms fall in classification as per the Firearms Act.

It is their opinion. That is all. That being said, their opinion is accepted as evidence in court as "expert" opinion. If you don't like their opinion, the only option is to go against it, get charged, and get a judge to say whether the RCMP opinion is right or not.
    I'm not challenging anything!!! you keep bringing this up lol
    To me...opinion or whatever it is...is what I have to abide by.
    With all due respect....I was merely reporting what I know in the best way I know how to which is what you were saying: 2 FRTs. Apologies if it was misunderstood

Also apologies to OP for derailing the thread. Cheers
    Everyone must ride through hell to reach their paradise

Was simply clarifying it wasn't a regulation. Regulation implies law. I really wish there was a way to challenge the opinion. I agree, we are stuck with it without that ability. That is the main thorn.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar

TNW did build on parts kits that were never assembled (because of this they were considered "new production" at the time), once those dried up they had no choice but to use full auto guns and convert them. This is why there is two different FRT's and statuses for the guns they have produced.

Not long ago it was hinted at by a forum member that there would be new production NR rifles in a small quantity produced, all new sides to satisfy the RCMP
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by tootall View Post
    Apologies to John for the thread-jack...

What I would LOVE to see is an all new receiver for the Russian PM 1910 Maxim watercooled gun on the wheeled Sokolov mount.
    <<< See my avatar.
    !910, so the belts are definitely pre-1945, therefore unlimited.
    Runs on cheap x54R ammo, not expensive 8x57 Mauser.
    Uses fascinating Maxim action, with lots of funky moving parts, etc. Good for technology geeks like me.
    Mounted on sexy wheeled Sokolov mount. Chicks dig that!
    Literally hundreds of thousands produced (Dolf Goldsmith says 600,000 made), and still in storage in former commie countries.
    A 1910 Maxim would be awesome, such a cool MG. I feel lucky just to have an ammo can for one.